We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 4
Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

I will be there in mid-January, stay at the rice terrace area for 2 nights, Guilin city 1 night, and remaining 2 nights before I depart from Yangshuo to Guangzhou.

I read that Xingping is very picturesque and definitely visit this place too but is it necessary to stay at least 1 night here or just do a day trip from Yangshuo ?

Shall I stay my 2 remaining nights in Yangshuo or 1 each in Yangshuo & Xingping ?

I understand water is low so I will not take any boat trips.

I will not be biking and cycling, just walk.

Thanks in advance.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
reviews: 3
1. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

Xingping features stunning Li River views especially by rafting. So i think you just do the rafting there, not really worth much more spending one night. And I highly recommend you do cycling along the Yulong River by Yangshuo. Seeing rural land is another must-do in Yangshuo.

As normal in Jan. water of Li River will be low, but it makes difference only to big boat from Guilin, it has not much effect on rafting.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
2. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

I would stay in Yangshuo, it's a lovely little town.

Guilin, China
3. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

I suggest you stay in Yangshuo

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

Thank you.

As mentioned in my OP, I won't be cycling or biking.

Can this yulong river part be done by walking ? How long will it takes ?

yangshuo
5. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

you 'd better stay in yangshuo.Yulong river is one of best places for walking. it is nice and quite ,you can spend 4-5 hours walk along there.

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

Thank you

Reading UK
reviews: 62
7. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

You can get a service bus from the bus station in Yangshuo to Xingping. It's very easy, all the bus bays are labelled with the destinations in English. It takes about three quarters of an hour, and cost us 7 yuan each.

Xingping is a lovely place for a visit, you can walk up the river to the most scenic part, and do make sure you explore the old town which has some lovely craft shops and restaurants, much cheaper and more individual than Yangshuo.

I agree you should stay in or near Yangshuo. We don't cycle either, but enjoyed walking along the Yulong river and to Moon Hill from our hotel. If you are walking by the river and get tired you can always get a bamboo raft downstream. Magic!

Singapore, Singapore
8. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

Thank you.

Is there any particular part to walk that stands out from the other areas ?

I don't want to miss the best part :-)

australia
9. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

Re #8

Yes, the Li River walk from Yangdi to Xingping or in reverse is brilliant.

Cheers

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 6
10. Re: Stay at Yangshuo or Xingping ?

There is a youth hostel in Xingping owned by a European guy. Its really nice, more like a basic hotel. Very clean etc (see HiHostels or HostelWorld). When I was there he arranged for us to see the cormorant fishing. The surrounding scenery is really nice.

Yangshuo is an up and comming area, although it feels like its on the edge of becoming a backpackers hovel - there are a lot of cheap hostels and bars opening up to cater for the younger market of traveller.

I'd recommend a night in Xingping - the fishing is a night event, and from the roof of the hostel you can take in the view across the village into the scenery beyond. The hostel even has a western style restaurant around the corner if you're not keen on the local establishments.

From Yangshuo you can take a day trip up to the rice paddies in Longshang.