We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 10
yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

Planning our stay in Guilin / Yangshuo for mid-January 2012. Can anyone advise on a comfortable hotel (need not be posh, but must have ensuite bathroom)? There will be three of us, me & 2 kids (one is a teenager), so we need to be in one room. We are in the area for 8 nights, so I'm thinking it would be good to have maybe 5 nights in the town & 3 nights somewhere more rural. Any suggestions? Also, I have no idea how much to budget for meals, excursions, tour guides, local transport etc... Any advice from recent travellers would be fantastic.

china
reviews: 1
1. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

7 heaven :the locatian is nice and quiet. they have balcony .the price is 80~120.the staff speak english.

when you want to live in countryside,camellia resort is quiet.boutique hotel, it walk just 13 minutes to moon hill.

if you book a guid in yangshuo is 100yuan for one day.

the transport :it good to take bicycle.it is 15yuan or 20yuan for a day.

taxi:it is 30yuan from starting.

the bambooraft is 150from chaoyang brige to gongnongbrige,it is on yulong river.

china
2. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

tour:bamboo raft from yangdi to xingping.it is 150yuan ........

the food there is a little expensive

hope that will be helpful

Edited: 7:20 pm, November 18, 2011
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 28
3. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

Just came back from Yangshou. Stayed at the River View Hotel. Booked it through Expedia. Pretty much right in the heart of Yangshou, but faces the river, so you do not get the crowded feeling. Think we paid about $50AUS a night. That included a double and a single bed. En-suite bathroom, and small balcony. Clean but pretty basic. Staff were very hospitable and most spoke English. Had them organise a taxi to pick us up at the airport for 260 yuan. They also organised taxi for rafting Yulong River. Dropped us off an picked us up at the other end. Also used them to organise another couple of private trips. Two computers near reception you can use for free.

Sussex UK
reviews: 56
4. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

We stayed in two different places when we were in Guilin/Yangshou. Firstly at the Mountain Retreat in Yangshou. What a fabulous location, right by the river. Our room had a beautiful view of river and mountains. The hotel is unpretentious and has a simple restaurant with a good choice of food. Easy to go rafting or cycling from here. There is no swimming poiol but depending on when you're going they have a diving off point into the river. We went in the heat of August and the children (9, 12 and 15 years old) loved the river.

We also stayed at the very posh Shangri La hotel. This is the height of luxury and is in Guilin, close to the river and easy access to the centre. It has a great swimming pool and grounds with fitness centre and tennis courts etc. It is a little soulless - if you're looking for something lively then you probably have to go out of the hotel to find it. But fantastic stay here too.

I am afraid I don't know the budget as we booked both as part of a tour. The Shangri La is pretty expensive but I think the Mountain Retreat is reasonable.

If it helps, we put our full holiday experiences on web: www.my-family-travel-to-china.com

Good luck

Bruce

Magog, Canada
reviews: 551
5. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

Understand that it will be winter time and cold. When looking for rural accomodations or any accomodations for that matter, make sure that there is adequate heating. Make sure that you have adequate clothing as you will probably need to keep your jackets on when having a meal in many restaurants that will not have heating.

6. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, November 29, 2011
Shanghai, China
reviews: 11
7. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

I went to yangshuo this April

stay in snow lion resort hotel which is nice and not expensive

they have computer in the breakfast place you can check information easily

also have English speaking people there

just found their web have a look

www.snowlionresort.com

hope it helps

Vancouver
reviews: 21
8. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

The Li River Retreat is a lovely hotel about 4 k's outside of Yangshuo - excellent service, very nice rooms and not too expensive - I think I paid about $60 a night last November when I was there - the front desk staff can arrange many different types of tours and day outings for you you and it is an inexpensive taxi ride into town - very quiet, very beautiful with mountains close all around the hotel, and very peaceful. There is a large terrace where you can take your meals outside if you want, although in winter, this may not be preferable (!), but from there you can see all the tourist boats going down the Li River right in front of the hotel which is up on a mountainside - great views!

johor bahru
reviews: 32
9. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

Hi

Just noted that the Chinese New Year eve is on 22nd Jan, and 23rd is the New Year day, so :

1. Is it going to be very crowded?

2. Shop/restaurant/tourist point, is still open?

3. Is everything going to be expensive during that time?

Never been to China during Chinese New year, any local please comment.

Thanks!

china
10. Re: yangshuo hotels? & daily budget

1. there is no crowed on 22th and 23th Jan. On22th Jan,it is the new year`s eve.,just the local shop close early.they close almost at 16:00.

2. on 22th Jan the new year eve ,shop /restaurant/tourist point, is almost open.on 23th Jan ,it is all open.

3. the price of that two days is almost the same as usual,the prices rise on24th~27th Jan.

Hope you enjoy your first chinese new year here.

Edited: 9:25 pm, December 14, 2011