We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

Will be in Yangshou for 4 nights first week of May, could someone advise which of the two above hotels to stay in.....

Yangshuo Guilin...
1. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

Mountain retreat is outside of Yangshuo while Rosewood Inn is in Yangshuo town nearby the West Street. thanks

London, United...
2. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

thank you, I know one is out of Yangshou & the other is in the centre, but I'm looking for advice which would be a better place to stay in.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 550
3. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

It is highly unlikely that someone has stayed at both places and can compare. Consult the hotels reviews for comments of people who stayed there and make your own decision.

yangshuo
4. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

hi,Mountain retreat is better than rosewood inn.for view ,for stay...

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 13
5. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

I would stay at the Yangshuo Mountain Retreat, or at the Li River Retreat if you want to be out of town with easy access to it when you want. I just came back from staying in both places last week. Both excellent in different ways. I prefer the Li River for gregarious friendly feelings that transmit to the guests too, and for ease of going into town. People talk to each other more there, while the YMR is quiet and contemplative; lots of people resting with a book, having a massage. I'd avoid a town hotel unless you find a quiet one, perhaps the Magnolia.

Yangshuo County...
6. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

To give a few points to Rosewood Inn against YMR .

There is a new managerial team (European ) and the hotel is located on the quiet side of the center.

YMR and Rosewood are totally diferent experience.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 550
7. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

I agree with the above that these a totally different. I have been to Yangshuo many times and usually stay in town. Last time I stayed at the Mountain Retreat. It was really nice and the service was exceptional. However, if I go back I will stay in town again as I like to get out of the hotel and walk around town. Having to take a 30RMB taxi every time I want to go somewhere took away from the experience. I never stayed at the other hotel so cannot comment on it.

Yangshuo County...
8. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

Staying outside of Yangshuo is great for unplugging yourself off the noise, crowdedness, billboards, honks, faces, television ... but dependence on a hotel for everything small and unavailability of cheap ( preferably free ) transportation to town is "no-good".

Sarasota, Florida
reviews: 129
9. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

We are staying in The rosewood Inn now. I choose it because I wanted to have access to restaurants and some activity in the evening. We are in the first property , off of West street and it is quiet. The rosewood 2 , the newest property is on west street. The rooms are very lovely ( and new in the rosewood 2) and the managment is escellent. Mind yu, West Street is chaotic, and crowded but in the early monrnig quiet. I guess it's up tp you to decide what type of an experience you would like.

Yangshuo
10. Re: Yangshou Mountain Retreat or Rosewood Inn

If you have children I suggest you to stay in the Mountain Retreat .