We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

Which Huangshan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NSW
reviews: 13
Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

Hi ,

Can anyone tell me just how long does the bus take from Tunxi-Shanghai and is it a fairly comfortable ride ? Is it an interesting way/interesting counryside to travel back to Shanghai or not really ?

Thanks for any advice,

Cheers , Fran

Magog, Canada
reviews: 609
1. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

I would not do that. The train is much better. Even the old trains would be better.

NSW
2. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

Thanks JP- so would bus back to Hangzhou ,sleep over night there and bullet train back to Shanghai be a better solution ?

Cheers, Fran

Magog, Canada
3. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

Not sure why you insist on the bus. Just take the train from Huangshan to Shanghai. I am in Huangshan right now and even the train is no fun.

NSW
4. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

Haha , sorry to be stubborn re not wanting to take o/night train back to Shanghai - I worry that it would not be great fun ...thanks for replying and cant wait hear how you liked HuangShan mountain , which direction you took etc and your impressions of it all !

Cheers, Fran

Magog, Canada
5. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

No need to take the overnight train. Take one of the many trains to Nanjing which takes 5 hours then take the one hour fast train to Shanghai. Just need to change train station via subway in Nanjing.

I will do my trip report in a couple of days when I am back home in Beijing.

NSW
6. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

Ok...I see , didnt know that option to take train that way !!

Thanks muchly ,

Fran

Magog, Canada
7. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

See my trip report here: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303685-i10955-k51…

My review which has photo is still pending approval.

8. Re: Travel by bus from Huangshan back to Shanghai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, March 27, 2013