We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uyuni Border Crossing Info (American & Israeli travelers)

Which San Pedro de Atacama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 1
Uyuni Border Crossing Info (American & Israeli travelers)

Hi My wife and I will be crossing the SPA border to Uyuni, She is an American and I have both American and Israeli passports.

Do we need to have ANYTHING other than our passports?

I was going to use my Israeli Passport to save $$$, is that a bad idea?

I've heard we may need passport photo's or even photocopies of our passport, also possibly proof of vaccinations?

Can someone please tell us there experience.

Thanks<

Ori

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
1. Re: Uyuni Border Crossing Info (American & Israeli travelers)

You would probably get a better answer in the Bolivia forum, but I do know an American passport holder needs a visa for Bolivia. I do not know about an Israeli passport. Last I heard it was US$135 pp but this may have gone up as most reciprocity fees and visas went up this year. As for the yellow fever vaccination certificate, some people seem to get asked for it and others not. They may be able to clear it up for you on the Bolivia forum. Post to the general Bolivia forum and not Uyuni so more people see it.

This, meanwhile, describes the process a bit and I hope it helps.

www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa…

Edited: 5:18 pm, December 18, 2012
Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Uyuni Border Crossing Info (American & Israeli travelers)

There's a post on this very topic on the Bolivia forum this week..

You may also have to check if the US requires any proof of Yellow Fever inoculation if visiting certain countries where it is thought to be prevalent.

3. Re: Uyuni Border Crossing Info (American & Israeli travelers)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 21, 2013