We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour prices

Which San Pedro de Atacama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
reviews: 3
Tour prices

WE are visiting SPA in November and will be staying there for 3 nights so we have two full days in SPA with some time on the days we travel (depending on flight times - haven't booked them yet). I'm trying to work out whether to book hotel, transfer from the airport and tours as a package before we leave the UK or whether to book everything separately myself.

The package includes 3 tours

- Moon Vally

- Toconao & Atacama Salt Lake

- El Tatio Geysers

How much would these tours cost if I booked them once we arrive in SPA?

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
1. Re: Tour prices

Roughly: Tatio about 50 dollars pp, Moon Valley 25 dollars pp, Tocanao 80 dollars pp. Prices vary depending on the size of the group and whether the guide speaks English or other languages.

Transfer with Licancabur shuttle from the airport to San Pedro, one way, CLP12,000 pp, a bit cheaper if return is booked. Some recent posts on San Pedro and tours might help.

tripadvisor.com/…36391005

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303681-i11183-k50…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294291-i1357-k518…

In general it is cheaper to book once you arrive but also a good idea to set up at least one tour for your first day beforehand. Booking all your tours ahead does take the time and stress out of booking when there. It depends a bit on how you like to travel and how long you will be there. With two days you might want to book ahead and not waste time shopping for tours if the price difference isn't large. The Tatio tour leaves at about 4 am and would need to be booked at least the morning before.

One tour you don't have included but worth doing and which you could do the day you arrive:

http://www.spaceobs.com

Stanley, Falkland...
reviews: 54
2. Re: Tour prices

The tour offices are usually open late at night, so you can easily wander the main street and ask for prices and availabilities, but obviously you run a risk of not getting your desired tour if they are all fully booked.

Note not every company does all the trips every day.

You might save £10-£20 by waiting till you arrive.

On the Tatio geyser trip, you do get back around midday, so you could squeeze in another trip that day, if you are still awake. Stargazing should be good, although it can be cloudy some times. There's also great sites within walking distance of SPA.

And don't forget some trips go over 4000m/13,000ft, so give yourself time to acclimatise.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
reviews: 3
3. Re: Tour prices

Thank you both for some very valuable information - I can now look at what you have both said and make a decision.

peterscot is it just the El Tatio Geysers tour that goes to high altitude? We can do that one on day 3 so that we have time to get acclimatised

4. Re: Tour prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Atacama