We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

Which San Pedro de Atacama hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rayleigh
reviews: 103
Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

Can anyone give me any advice on the best way to get from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
1. Re: Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

There are two options, bus or a flight from Calama.

Edited: 11:02 am, February 15, 2011
Rayleigh
reviews: 103
2. Re: Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

thanks - how much would a bus cost and how long would it take? Is it easy enough to buy a ticket the day before travel and where from?

thanks

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
3. Re: Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

There are a lot of variables. The level of service, i.e. type of seat, the time of year and even day of the week. Turbus is the only company which goes all the way Santiago to SPA but other companies go to Calama and you get another bus from there.

The type of service will also determine the length a bit. Looking at a hypothetical date for March (getting out of February high season), a Premium seat, which is the most expensive, would cost $41,000 (roughly US$88) one way, would leave at 11:51 am and arrive at SPA at 10:25 am the next day. The same seat three days later costs about US$10 more. If you want a premium seat, there are very few on each bus. Usually it is about 6 premium seats downstairs and upstairs are the salon cama seats. I am not sure if they have any 100% premium buses any more, but if they do there will be very few seats on board. If you want a Turbus ticket you go to the Alameda bus terminal or one of their offices around Chile. It might be difficult to find premium seats the day before at any time of year, but if you can be flexible with your dates a bit you can seek out a good price in the service you want.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chile, Santiago
4. Re: Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

Turbos has an office in San Pedro as do other bus companies.

Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
reviews: 20
5. Re: Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

What I said, but backwards!

6. Re: Travel from San Pedro de Atacama to Santiago

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro de Atacama