We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jeando13
reviews: 14
Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

I am going to Brazil in a few weeks and I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Sao Paulo (the Pinheiros area) to Campinas. Could someone give me some guidance on buses, trains, drivers, etc? Since I am flying on from Campinas to Rio, I don't want to rent a car just to get to Campinas.

Thanks!

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
reviews: 17
1. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

which airline? some have a bus to take you there

jeando13
2. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

I need to get to Campinas to spend the night with a family friend (one who cannot pick us up in SP unfortunately) and then the next day I fly off to Rio so I don't think the airline would be an option.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
reviews: 17
3. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

Go by bus, then

check Viação Cometa

https:/…br5.cgi

Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 23
4. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

You have two bus companies connecting São Paulo to Campinas, both are at the Tietê Buses Terminal, cost R$ 23,20 (US$ 11,50). You have many schedules either from the company COMETA, last 1 hour and 10 min., or from the company CRISTÁLIA, last 1 hour and 30 min.. The distance is 96Km and is a very good expressway and both buses have air with reclined seats and you can use your credit card .

jeando13
5. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

Thanks to both of you. I appreciate it.

São Paulo, Brazil
reviews: 4
6. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

To Campinas, I prefer the CRISTÁLIA company.

From Pinheiros:

At Faria Lima Station (near Largo da Batata, a huge square in the heart of Pinheiros) take Underground Line 4 (Yellow Line) to Luz

At Luz, connect to Line 1 (Blue Line) and get off at Portuguesa-Tietê station

This is right next to the bus station

Head for the Cristália/Cometa booth which is on the left just before the ATMs.

Both companies sell tickets from the same booth. To get CRISTÁLIA you must mention this to the cashier, otherwise you will get the next bus (regardless of company).

7. Re: Getting from Sao Paulo (Pinheiros) to Campinas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, August 21, 2013