We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Futbol tour advice

Which Sao Paulo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey City, New...
reviews: 2
Futbol tour advice

We really want to check out a match when we're in town. Our concierge pointed us to Futbol Tours, who will is offering packages for the July 15th match between Palmeiras and Sao Paulo at (we think) Arena Barueri for $280 BRL. I say we think because ESPN Soccernet lists the match at Paulo Machado de Carvalho, and the Sao Paulo FC site lists it at Pacaembu.

That's the tour group they recommend, but they also said that a group called CVC Turismo has the Náutico x Corinthians match at Pacaembu available for $588 BRL, which at more than twice the Futbol Tours package seems crazy.

Can anyone provide any advice? Any feedback on either tour group? Given that we have no rooting interest and just want to see a fun local match, is there an appreciable difference between the matches and stadiums? Is there any other way to go about buying tickets?

Thanks in advance.

Nice, France
1. Re: Futbol tour advice

If the match is going to be held at Arena Barueri, it would be better going with a tour company, since the stadium is on the outskirts of São Paulo. "Palmeiras x Sao Paulo" will probably be the biggest match from the lot. They are both local teams, therefore huge rivals (fights between supporters are more likely to happen).

Pacaembu stadium is easily reached by public transportation or on foot (from Avenida Paulista). If you arrive early, you may be able to visit the soccer museum (http://www.museudofutebol.org.br) as well.

Tickets go usually on sale one week before the match. Foreigners can buy at ticket points or at the stadium (the latter, normally only at the day of the match and payment in cash only). I think it'll be easier buying tickets to see the second match than the first one (Nautico isn't a local team)...

Edited: 2:20 pm, June 16, 2012
Jersey City, New...
2. Re: Futbol tour advice

Thanks for the feedback. As stadiums go, how is Arena Barueri? Its not as big as Morumbi...and I figured both Morumbi and Pacaeumbu were way more iconic. But is it that big of a difference?

Nice, France
3. Re: Futbol tour advice

I've never been to Arena Baueri, but it's smaller and more modern than the other 2 stadiums.

4. Re: Futbol tour advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 am, June 21, 2013