We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Which Guarulhos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Dear All,

Can any one please advise what is the procedure to transfer from Terminal 2 to terminal 1 at GRU Sao Paulo Airport. I am flying from Dubai on Emirates airlines arriving in Sao paulo at terminal 2 and then I have to leave from TAM Airlines flight from terminal 1 to Buenos AIres.

Will I have to walk out to collect my luggage and then recheck-in at the TAM desk? How do I do that?

Edited: 1:52 pm, January 17, 2011
48 replies to this topic
Lagos, Nigeria
21. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Am flying emirates from Lagos Nigeria to Sao paulo brazil,in order to connect from gru to mexico with tam airlines.

Am a Nigerian , please will i need transit visa to stay in the transit zone in Gru airport.

New York City, New...
22. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Hi -

I am a US citizen also looking to fly through Sao Paolo on my way to Buenos Aires. I will be flying two different airlines (Tam and then Lan) and will need to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2. Can anyone comment on whether I will need to go through customs and immigration/require a tourist Visa? My layover is less than 4 hours.

Thanks!

Maragogi, AL
reviews: 142
23. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Lan and Tam are now the same airline holding company. TAM should give you this information.

Salvador, BA
reviews: 43
24. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Heather, Yes you will need a VISA. You might get let off but its not worth taking the risk!

New Delhi, Delhi...
reviews: 1
25. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

No Us Passport does not require transit visa at GRU

İstanbul-Turkey
reviews: 3
26. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

I will arrive to Guarulhos airport at 16:35 by Etihad, and depart to Buenos Aires 18:30 by Turkish Airlines.

Is 1 hour 55 minutes enough to pick up luggage, passport control, check in for Buenos Aires?

Did I take risk??

İstanbul-Turkey
reviews: 3
27. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

I will arrive to Guarulhos airport at 16:35 by Etihad, and depart to Buenos Aires 18:30 by Turkish Airlines.

Is 1 hour 55 minutes time enough to pick up luggage, passport control, check in for Buenos Aires?

Hong Kong, China
28. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Hi, I am holding a China passport and I am going to Asucion PY, by Air France transit in Guarulhos airport. My 2nd flight is taking Tam air line. And I do not have the Brazilian Visa.

I would like to ask do I need to pick up my luggage and transit? How do I do it. They both are in Terminal 1.

Many thanks!

Maragogi, AL
reviews: 142
29. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

TAM needs to tell you for sure. It depends on your lay over also.

Hyderabad, India
30. Re: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Hi.

I'm Iranian. I have a flight from Istanbul to Sao Paulo in terminal 2 (Turkish airline) and after 13 hours i have a flight from terminal 1 to Quito(TAM airline). For getting the boarding pass's card do i need leave the transit aria? do i need transit visa?

Reply to: In Transit At Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted