We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barre de Lagoa or Jurere?

Which Florianopolis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Barre de Lagoa or Jurere?

We are two single guys in our mid-20's going to Floripa in early april. Looking for a place with good beach action and a good nightlife. We will have a rental car. Dont need the craziest of clubs, but a good place to mingle. Never been there and need help. Any suggestions? I heard Barra de Lagoa and Jurere were good?

Jundiai, SP
reviews: 3
1. Re: Barre de Lagoa or Jurere?

Hi, Rail793!

I've been many times to Florianópolis (although never to Jurere, shame on me!), and Barra da Lagoa always was my hot spot for everyhing - restaurants, shops, people, bars, shrimp, boat ride... I guess from there you can pretty much go evwrywhere in the island.

But someone with a fuller knowledge of Florianópolis should advise you better. I'd stay in Barra - but have stayed in Campeche as well and it was wonderful!

Florianopolis...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Barre de Lagoa or Jurere?

Jurerê is the best option, safer, cleaner and amazing beach.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 12
3. Re: Barre de Lagoa or Jurere?

Barra da Lagoa is not exactly a beach but it is somewhat close to praia mole which is popular. Jurere is all right. Jurere is the most organized and well built neighborhood in Floripa and gets a lot of the more affluent folks staying/living there. The beach is decent but not great. I like a number of other beaches in Floripa better though. There are a number of nice little beach front restaurant/bars there which are good places to mingle.

4. Re: Barre de Lagoa or Jurere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 13, 2009