We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Get-Togethers In Rio

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 12
TA Get-Togethers In Rio

Greetings,

As I read through the TA Forums for Rio de Janeiro I realize that many of us are traveling to or through Rio de Janeiro during the same periods.

I know that others in this forum, such as DJ, are trying to arrange informal Trip Advisor get-togethers in Rio; I would like to suggest that forum members who wish to arrange an evening out with other TA members post here with the dates that they will be in Rio de Janeiro and see if any other members will be there during the same period.

TA Get-Togethers need not just be evenings out or night-clubbing affairs, we could also get together for lunches, beach parties, to visit tourist sites or souvenir hunts at the Hippe Fair in Ipanema.

I will next be in Rio during the second week of March 2007 and then again during the last week in June 2007.

If any other TA members will be in Rio during those times, I will be happy to arrange for a get-together.

If you are going to be in Rio de Janeiro during other times, you can post here to see if other Trip Advisor members will be there as well and maybe arrange for a TA gathering.

I think this could be a pleasant way for TA members from this forum to meet one another especially when abroad in Rio de Janeiro.

Safe travels to you all!

George B.

Princeton, New...
reviews: 55
1. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

I will be in Cidade Maravilhosa from March 22-28.

That is, if I don't get killed on the bus from the airport to my hotel!

Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
2. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

DJ,

Unfortunately, I will be in Rio from March 14th to the 20th...so I will miss getting to meet you during this visit. Perhaps during my next trip I will have the opportunity to meet you and your family in Rio.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your bus ride from the airport.

Personally, I am arranging for an armoured car and two or three bodyguards myself...I would hire more bodyguards but I am only heading to Barra...

Kidding aside...I hope you and yours have a very Happy New Year!

George B.

NYC
reviews: 11
3. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

I should be down there around that time (late March/Early April). I haven't fleshed out my exact dates. But the Passover/Easter overlap gives me with a long break with just a few strategically requested vacation days. I'm getting ahead of myself though; I probably won't plan the Easter trip officially until the day I get back from my upcoming Jan/Feb trip.

California
reviews: 1
4. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

I'll fly back just for the meeting!

Going back for Carnival of 2008. Countdown has begun!

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 53
5. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

I will be flying into Sao Paulo April 12, and out of Rio on April 24 if anyone is in either city or somewhere inbetween during that time....

new york city
6. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

I will be in Rio around JAN 28 - FEB 4

I just started using this service a couple of months ago and so far has served me very well, got great advise for a trip last Nov to Peru, and has been extremly useful in helping me plan my first trip to Rio. Be great to meet other TA members during my stay at Rio....

Princeton, New...
reviews: 55
7. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

luislic,

A word to the wise, lately the Rio forum has been pretty hot, lots of arguments and slanted opinions (mine included) get people hot under the collar. It's all good fun and we tend to respect each other, at least most of us some of the time, so be prepared.

Houston, Texas
8. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

I'll be back in Rio from Jan. 8.

Enjoying sunny Florianopolis with the wife at the moment.

Bocas Town, Panama
reviews: 1
9. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

Hi, I'll be in Rio from February 14-March 14th. Since I'm travelling single, it would be great to have people to meet up with and have some fun with! Contact me at tootsiebo@yahoo.com

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 9
10. Re: TA Get-Togethers In Rio

hello,

I´m kind of new to this forum, but the idea of meeting up sound cool to me! We could think about something before carnival. What do you say?

Gabriela