We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio--End of March

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 63
Rio--End of March

Greetings:

Have an opportuntiy to go the end of March...I am reading mixed reports about the weather then--certainly it seems warm enough (though not as hot as December-February) but it appears to be one of the more rainier months....is this true?....I was last in Rio towards the end of October, 2005 and it rained or was cloudy 6 of the 9 days I visited. I would hope to avoid miserable weather.

Obrigado.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 53
1. Re: Rio--End of March

I am also curious as to what the weather is like in April......warm enough for the beach? rainy? dry?

Buenos Aires...
reviews: 22
2. Re: Rio--End of March

It's never too cold in Rio de Janeiro. The beach can be enjoyed practically all year long. However, if you want to avoid rain, you should come during the dry season, which would be winter in this part of the world (June - August).

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 63
3. Re: Rio--End of March

I do not mind a little bit of rain.....would end of March/1st week of April be OK?....or, do I run the risk of 3-4 days in a row with the wet stuff?....so far, I have been to Rio at the end of December (perfect) and October (hit or miss).....reason I am considering end of March is because I will already be in Florida during this time (vs. my West Coast home) and will save on some travel time....look forward to your reply.

Seattle
4. Re: Rio--End of March

I was there in the first week of APRIL and I might say it is wonderful. Beach weather From MARCH Through April for me is ideal if you like warm weather. It will probably drizzle for about 10 minutes but like in Hawaii, it's will certainly clear up. I would not worry about it too much and I'm sure you will enjoy every minute of it.

NYC
reviews: 11
5. Re: Rio--End of March

I was there last year for the last week of March and the first week of April. Weather was AMAZING! I think it rained once the entire time I was there.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 12
6. Re: Rio--End of March

End of March / Beg. of April should be fine.