We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent in Rio

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Rent in Rio

Has anybody every used the apartment rental service, Rent In Rio?

Is it good, reputable, etc?

NYC
1. Re: Rent in Rio

My husband and hs friends are using it this week. I will let you know how the experience was once they return. Should I be worried about their safety in Rio? Is there any advice you could give me for them?

Thank you

Minneapolis
reviews: 6
2. Re: Rent in Rio

I think the company is reputable, however when I looked into renting with them, their prices are very high. I compared exact apartments that they had with other rental places and the prices were significantly higher. I have decided to stay away from rental agencies that are not based in Rio, and this is only based on saving money, or paying what the actual price of the place costs.

New York
3. Re: Rent in Rio

That's what I wanted to know, I had heard that they can charge a lot for pretty crappy places. I think some rental agencies rent to groups looking for "discreet" fun where they won't have to register "guests" like they would at a hotel. If this is the case, I'm sure things are pretty bad and the apartments will be a premium price for a "love shack".

Anybody else hear anything about them?

NYC
4. Re: Rent in Rio

I believe all guests must be registered at this place. Dont freak me out im worried about their safety as it is.

New York
5. Re: Rent in Rio

Which apartment are they renting? Were they planning on soliciting "guests". Don't worry, nobody has ever died from having fun in Rio, they might be mugged, taken advantage of, robbed, or scammed, but no serious harm.

Miami
6. Re: Rent in Rio

have you heard about the portuguese tourist that was stabbed and killed in Copacabana

New York
7. Re: Rent in Rio

No, but if his name was Manoel, I'm sure it was only because he was Portuguese.

Did you hear the one about the young Portuguese guy who left a little village to make money in Brazil? He worked for about a year before he saved enough money to send a gift and letter to his mae and pai back in Portugal. He sent the package to them and his parents opened it and read his letter. His father looked at the picture he had sent them and said, "Mae, our son has aged since he arrived in Brazil.". The mother took the picture from her husband, looked at it and said, "Meu deus, and look at how long his hair is now!". Manoel had sent them a souvenir mirror.

NYC
8. Re: Rent in Rio

They had to cancel last minute due to work commitments...Im a little dissapointed for them, I know they were looking forward to it. The Rent In Rio company tried to charge them for the whole stay even though they didnt even go. The ended up loosing the 50% deposit. I get the feeling the place wouldve been a dump anyway. They had the 4 bedroom penthouse booked.(it looks phenominal in the pics) I dont think Brazil would be any different than partying in Greece (thats where we are from) I was only worried about Crime. I was not asking about unsolicited guests. Prostitution is not their thing, especially not in the AIDS capital of the world.

New York
9. Re: Rent in Rio

So they put down a 50% deposit that they couldn't get back when they cancelled the trip? Is this a standard policy? What makes you think the apartment would have been a dump? I'm just curious, because the website shows lots of apartments, but prices are not listed and I would like to know how they set prices.

Glad to you hear they aren't into the "guests" like so many tourists are, it's a shame to take advantage of poverty for sexual gratification.

NYC
10. Re: Rent in Rio

the total price for their "condo" was $4389 i think the guy just quotes a price and sees if youll bite hahahaha..i was very skeptical of them staying there. especially now that after doing my research i see that ipanema wouldve been the better choice for them instead of copacabana. if you look closely at the website, the pictures of the penthouse show a phenominal apartment but when you look at the other condos "closely" you can tell they are dumpy. I have this feeling they would have come home miserable. And i am a realtor and i have fake "testimonials" on my web page and i can see right through the testimonials on that website they are all BULL read them and let me know if you get the same feeling.