We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

idear on time from port to airports please

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london england
reviews: 29
idear on time from port to airports please

anybody give me the idea of how far the airports our from the cruise dock our ,as try to work out if we can make a mid day internal flight in Brazil, i know we have to clear customs and immigration and that the traffic could be bad just some idea would help with the planning of our flights,

thanks

Rio
reviews: 1
1. Re: idear on time from port to airports please

The international airport ( gig - Tom Joabim) is about 20-25 minutes non-rush hour by taxi from the pier where the cruise ships dock.

If you are a frequent cruiser , you know that clearing customs off the ship is a non event and doesn t really add a lot of time to the normal disembarkation process. Your ship should assign you an early disembarkation slot if you have a tight schedule.

Singapore
reviews: 2
2. Re: idear on time from port to airports please

Hi,

I was told the following by HAL:

1) The travelling time from port to Rio international airport is about 30 to 40 minuites.

2) It would take about 2 hours to clear customs and immigration.

My agent told me, for internal flight (to iguacu) you have to be at the airport One hour before the departure time.

T K

Rio
reviews: 1
3. Re: idear on time from port to airports please

If you are flying out of the domestic airport, Santos Dumont, it's a shorter cab ride from th pier - about 10-15 minutes.

4. Re: idear on time from port to airports please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 15, 2009