We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 2
Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer will no longer be sold at the Cosme Velho station.

Rio's mayor decided to prohibit ticket sales at the Cosme Velho train station starting May 1, 2013. Tickets will have to be purchased over the Internet or at external sales points (unclear).

The decision aims to stop the chaos that is sometimes found at the train station and its surroundings.

This will certainly pose a challenge to tourists, particularly the foreign ones as the website for online sales is only in Portuguese right now.

In order to decrease the demand for the train, two special bus lines will start transporting tourists between Parque da Catacumba (Lagoa) and Largo do Machado to Paineiras, from where shuttle vans take tourists to the monument.

…globo.com/rio/corcovado-ingressos-do-trem-s…

22 replies to this topic
Stuttgart, Germany
reviews: 8
11. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Great - thank you!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 70
12. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Get there early! It can be really crowded. I'd get there at 8am if I were you (if it's a sunny day).

Stuttgart, Germany
13. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Yes, I have read about that. But better go in the late afternoon? We are on vacation and I love a wonderful breakfast. :-)

Edited: 1:29 pm, August 23, 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 4
14. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

We went up to Cristo today, Friday, at 1:30pm . We bought tickets when we arrived at the Tram Station. The 1:40pm tram was full, but we got on the 2pm tram. It was moderately crowded but not too bad. It's very crowded on weekends, holidays, during special events in the city, and in the Brazilian summer months. It's winter now (hot and 30 C today!) and the skies are very clear (no humid haze).

15. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:49 pm, August 25, 2013

Stuttgart, Germany
16. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

I wonder about that, too. A German who lives in Rio - he wrote the guidebook about Rio that I have, prefers to take a van as you can see more of the beautiful rainforest. He says the train or that what you can see out of the train is less interesting. ????

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 18
17. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Take the train. It’s a lot more fun—and it’s safe.

Train to Corcovado:

http://bit.ly/AyksSK

Tijuca Forest has been the site of a recent van mugging.

http://bit.ly/YCyHMD

Stuttgart, Germany
18. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

Thank you Monte. It is incredible that this happened while on a guided tour! And here in Germany nobody published it.

Stuttgart, Germany
19. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

...and thanks for the link to the video. It is really nice to take the trem.

Hopefully the waiting line will not be to long!

Florida
reviews: 83
20. Re: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer

When I was there today, August 25th, 2013, there were 2 lines formed. 1 for internet voucher and 1 for cash and credit. They take visa for sure as that is what I used.

Reply to: Tickets for the train to Christ Redeemer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted