We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azul airlines

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 29
Azul airlines

Hi folks,

I have a question about Azul airlines , which flies in Brazil. Is it possible to book flights using its website from outside Brazil ? I supposedly booked a flight with Azul from here in Australia, using their website. I used my VISA card to book. Their website said that my booking was successful and it gave me a booking number....But no money has been taken out of my bank account, as of four days later. I also did not get any e-mail confirmation. I have also booked some TAM flights, which did debit my account and did give me e-mail confirmation. Just a bit concerned that the Azul one has not worked.

Thanks

Craig in Melbourne.

40 replies to this topic
Brasilia, DF
31. Re: Azul airlines

I called there complaining about their service to foreigner costumes (specially about a better chat in English, for foreigners do not waste money calling them) . The official complained protocol is # 4917701383135888.

San Francisco...
reviews: 2
32. Re: Azul airlines

Yes, I just tried again and was successful! Received email confirmation for my flights and saw I was charged on my credit card.

Tangalle, Sri Lanka
33. Re: Azul airlines

yesterday I tried to book a flight from Sao Paulo to Rio with Azul. Once i filled out all my information as well as my credit card information (and through the MasterCard Secure Code), it said purchase was not successful. something wrong with the card.

today i tried again, and the same thing happened. only this time (after it said something was wrong with my card) i got forwarded to the seat selection site of the flight i booked.

after choosing my seat, a confirmation site appeared (with the confirmation number etc). but i didnt get any confirmation email.

does anyone has the same experience? did they charge my card now and is the flight booked?

thanks

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 70
34. Re: Azul airlines

Same happened to me. I purchased my ticket, the debt was made, but I only got an email one day before my flight, with all details. So I believe it's how it works.

However, if I were you, I would contact Azul through their Twitter account: http://tinyurl.com/nzygogx

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 1
35. Re: Azul airlines

I had similar problems with Azul - I would input all our details, all payment details, go through my bank's online security system and then be told that there was a problem. I sent the airline a message through FB and they gave me this number: +55 11 4003 3255. Got through to a very helpful guy straight away and he told me that they were having problems with Mastercard which is what I was trying to use to pay. He's reserved all the flights I was trying to book for 2 weeks on the basis that the issue should be resolved by then. All I have to do is call back and give my card details. A tad more troublesome than just booking online but they were very helpful and the call was very cheap using skype! Although in saying that, I still don't actually have the flights booked.....

Singapore
reviews: 26
36. Re: Azul airlines

I have a separate problem about Azul and would like to seek everyone's advice. I had booked a one way ticket from Sao Paulo to Lencois through my mobile phone. Throughout the entire booking process, the amount was shown in R$. However, I was charged the same figure but in USD. Is there anyone I can speak to regarding this? I had previously booked a separate ticket and the amount was correctly charged. Unfortunately I do not know Portuguese and was wondering if the company can assist in English.

Singapore
37. Re: Azul airlines

You are not the only one.

I attempted to make a booking online but was given no confirmation page or email. So I thought it was an internet problem as their webpage kept reloading itself for some reason.

The next day morning I made the another booking on the same timing. Guess what, the email confirmation for last nights booking came in 12 hours later, so now I have double booked the same flight.

Azul refused to give a full refund on the earlier booking.

Would you go to a restaurant and wait 12 hours for your order to be processed?

Similarly can I go to a last minute flight and attempt to board the plane without tickets and tell the boarding staff Azul will send confirmation 12 hours later?

Roma, Italia
reviews: 4
38. Re: Azul airlines

Just had a bad experience with Azul. 20 days ago I booked a flight from rio to salvador at a very cheap rate in brasilian reals. Today I discover that on my credit card they have charged the amount but not in reals but in USDollars! That meens more than the double of the rate written on the ticket. Luckily I was able to contact Azul by phone (english speacking people) and he told me that this sometimes happens but they can only refound my ticket and sell me another one...at the daily rate!!!!! That is 3 times more the price I paid 20 days ago. And, last but not least, I will have my money back on my credit card not before 30 days!!! So, I will buy a new ticket, but with Tam Airlines!

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 18
39. Re: Azul airlines

Thanks for this eye-opening information, which is going to be very helpful to those who might be thinking about purchasing a ticket from Azul.

Their story that it sometimes happens sounds unconvincing. The charging "error" appears to be happening a lot, judging from the numerous complaints about the airline on this forum.

I'm sure you'll have better luck with TAM.

Seattle
reviews: 13
40. Re: Azul airlines

I've never had any problems with TAM or GOL airlines. A couple of times I showed up extra early for a GOL flight from Rio to Sao Paulo and they put me on the next available flight instead of making me wait until my reserved flight.

Reply to: Azul airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted