We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Match - Brazil

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Football Match - Brazil

Hi all, I will be arriving in Rio around early Feb 2013 would really appreciate it if anyone could give me a link for dates of footy matches and how to buy them?

Thanks, J.Fox

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 744
1. Re: Football Match - Brazil

So far, the dates and matches of Rio de Janeiro state championship (2013) is not available.

But it will be possible to experience a matche by the time you will be visiting our city, because that competition usually starts by the end of January.

To purchase tickets, just go straight to the stadium´s official counter about 1 hour prior to the beggining of the match. The great majority of the games won´t be sold out, so you will get it easily right there.

London
2. Re: Football Match - Brazil

Thank you my friend, also I know the prices for hostels and hotels will be expensive for carnival in Febuary, could you give me any advice on where to book cheap places?

Regards. J.Fox

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3. Re: Football Match - Brazil

Botafogo, Catete and Flamengo are well covered by public transport (bus and metro) are not far from Ipanema and Copa and are much cheaper.

Look for something in these neighborhoods!

São Paulo, Brazil
reviews: 4
4. Re: Football Match - Brazil

Stay at the Hotel Imperial in Catete, 50 m from the Underground providing easy access to Copacabana and Ipanema, also downtown.

Don't stay at the Art Hostel - it's the worst place I've ever stayed in, just terrible.

Most football matches in Rio are at the Engenhão. To get there, take a bus marked "Central" or "E. Ferro" to the Central Train Station, then a train to Engenho de Dentro, near Engenhão. It's the 125 bus from Copacabana or Ipanema, not sure of the bus from Catete or Botafogo.

Some games are at São Januário, this is a dodgy location, not recommended especially at night.

Sometimes games are shifted to out-of-town locations for TV reasons. The most common venue in these cases is Volta Redonda (100 km from Rio), easily accessible by bus from Rio. Buses to Volta Redonda leave from the Rodoviária Novo Rio (133 bus from Largo do Machado, 170 from Botafogo or Catete)

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 2
5. Re: Football Match - Brazil

WE will be in Brazil in two weeks from november 15-21. Can you advise if there are any matches at this time. What is the website wehre games show and times? Thank you so much for your help.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
6. Re: Football Match - Brazil

2 matches will take place at Engenhao (Olimpic stadium) by the time will be here: one on the 18th November, Sunday and the other the day before (Saturday). It is not certain yet which one will be on Saturday or Sundaty but I prefer Flamengo´s game so I highly recommend that over Fluminense´s.

17/11 Fluminense x Cruzeiro

18/11 Flamengo x Palmeiras

Chicago, Illinois
7. Re: Football Match - Brazil

Gusdali. thank you so much. can you tell me where or how to buy tickets? is it availabel online?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
8. Re: Football Match - Brazil

For those matches (both) you can do it just one hour before the beggining of the game, right at the stadium´s official counter. It won´t be sold out... not necessary to purchase in advance!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 67
9. Re: Football Match - Brazil

Well, I would pick Fluminense, as it is the leader in this year's national championship (best campaign among all teams = high chances of winning the championship later this year = lots of excited supporters at the stadium = fun), but if you can't do it, go to the other match.

Chicago, Illinois
10. Re: Football Match - Brazil

That is the game we will be attending. Thank you. Do you know if jerseys are sold there; I assume team name jersey and clothing items are but want to confirm