We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Rio/Soccer Matches

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
First time to Rio/Soccer Matches

I will be in Rio from March 10-15th. Hang Gliding, Sugarloaf, Ipanema, Corcovado are all on my agenda.

If any TA members want to link up for tours etc., than reply to this post to further discuss.

Also, if anyone knows if there will be soccer matches going on during that time, please hit me up!

michigan
reviews: 22
1. Re: First time to Rio/Soccer Matches

Probably there will be games going on. But avoid Maracana on super games on Sundays because it gets crowded and it is dangerous, there are fights inside the stadium. If you go use a taxi and buy tickets for the chairs section (this may not exist anymore after the recent renovation...) and wear neutral colours, such as beige.

Orlando, Florida
2. Re: First time to Rio/Soccer Matches

Ed_Ed,

Thanks for the very valuable information!

Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 2
3. Re: First time to Rio/Soccer Matches

Every weekend, specially ion saturdays and during weekdays on wednesday, you will probably find amtches at the Maracanã. The easiest way is going by subway, we call it here METRO, thre is a station with the same name in the LINHA 2.

In crowded games, you can really come, but make sure you are going to the stadium with someone who knows the city.

Houston, TX
4. Re: First time to Rio/Soccer Matches

You will LOVE it!!! Take a disposable camera and stick with a group.

Have a ball!