We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ipanema Hotels

Which Rio de Janeiro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 2
Ipanema Hotels

Hi, I am debating between the Praia Ipanema, Everest Rio, Marina Palace and Sol Ipanema. Any suggestions on the best option of these? I'm hoping to find a modern room with upgraded rooms. Thanks for the help!

Houston-Lisbon-Rio...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 14
1. Re: Ipanema Hotels

Greetings,

I have stayed at both the Praia Ipanema and the Sol Ipanema hotels. I found these hotels to be adequate to my needs, though not exceptional.

I liked the service and the buffet at the Praia Ipanema far more than Sol Ipanema but I really liked the location of Sol Ipanema. Sol Ipanema is right across the street from Posto 9 which is the "in" place on Ipanema beach to see and be seen and it is just a block away from Garota de Ipanema restaurante as well as the boutique of the same name.

I have heard good things about both the Everest and the Marina Palace though they are a bit higher in their rates than the Sol or Praia.

I suppose, in the end, it is a matter of what your needs and expectations are. I am sure there will be others who will post their opinions in response to your question and that should help you make your final decision. One thing I can certainly tell you is that you are looking in the right area (Ipanema is the best locale without question) and whichever of these hotels you choose, you should be fairly well satisfied.

Safe travels!

George Browne

San Diego...
2. Re: Ipanema Hotels

Thanks George!

New York
3. Re: Ipanema Hotels

I just returned from Rio and stayed at the Everest Rio -- great service, super friendly staff. The rooms are a good size, but we upgraded to a suite which was HUGE, with 2 bathrooms and views on 3 sides. The best is to request a high floor room with Ocean view, and it is basically like you're right on the ocean. Sol Ipanema can be noisy if you're facing the beach since it's right on the boardwalk. I hated the service at Marina Palace when I was trying to book a room there, so I wouldn't recommend it just on my experience with them.

Also, Marina Palace is in Leblon, much quieter there although nice restaurants. Ipanema is a better location to be in the heart of the scene.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 52
4. Re: Ipanema Hotels

I stayed at Marina Palace in Leblon over New Years and loved it...depends upon what you're looking for...I chose Leblon because it is the nicest area of town (though nothing wrong with Ipanema) and a little less congested but with nicer restaurants within walking distance....you're only looking at about a 10-15 minute walk along the beach from Marina Palace to Everest Rio or Sol Ipanema, anyways. Staff at Marina Palace was extremely helpful, breakfast buffet was good, internet access (although you will be charged a small fee each time you use it), and the rooms were very nice (I opted for one of the upgraded, Executive rooms and enjoyed it). You cannot go wrong either way with Ipanema or Leblon.....personally, I would avoid Copacabana--just seemed a lot more seedier and though I experienced absolutely no problems with crime, seems that you would be much more likely to run into a problem in Copacabana than you would in Leblon or Ipanema IMHO.