We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Which Paraty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Dear all,

At the moment I'm planning my south america trip and we would like to visit Paraty aswell as Ilhabela.

Does anyone know the best company for busses for the following route (preferrably bookable online in advance)

Rio de Janeiro-Paraty

Paraty-Ilhabela

Thanks a lot in advance!

Niels

Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 26
11. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

I commited a mistake. The price R$ 55,00 is from Paraty to Rio, in the other way, Rio to Paraty GUSDALI is completely correct, is R$ 59,00.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 177
12. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Hello,

I am trying to figure out the transfer Rio to Paraty. If I go by bus I was able to see the schedule for September (not December - I figured it's too far out). There is a bus that departs from Rio at 4PM. I assume same bus will be available In December (I selected Saturday - Monday in the schedule, same as in December)

Will I have enought time to get to the bus from GIG if I am landing at at 10:35 Am?

Thanks!

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 177
13. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Sorry, meant bus that depart from Rio at noon and arrives at 4PM in Paraty.

Rio de Janeiro
14. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Hi spartac,

Surely the schedules will be the same. But in reality is 4 1/2 hours trip from Rio to Paraty, on a regular day.

Rio de Janeiro
15. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Hi spartac again,

It might not be enough time for you to catch the 12:00 pm bus, because you have customs after catching you luggages, which means no less than 40 minutes. Also, even if you take a cab to the bus station terminal (RODOVIÁRIA),will be at least 30 minutes by this time of the day. I'd rather take the next bus at 14:00, arriving at 18:30 in Paraty and using the airport shuttle bus, getting off at the RODOVIÁRIA.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 884
16. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

Spartac,

I think you need at least 2 hours from the time of your airplane´s arrival to the time of your bus´s departure. That would be safe.

We should consider, beside the time from the GIG airport to the bus terminal, the time you will spend at the imigration and to claim your lugagges still at the airport.

17. Re: Bookable bus to and from Paraty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 13, 2013