We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

Which Paraty hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st john
reviews: 5
Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

hello, are there charter boats or ferries that go between Sao Paulo and Paraty? Ideally we would like to fly into SP, then go to Paraty, then drive/boat to Rio.

BH
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

I'm interested in this too, let's join up maybe.

England
reviews: 9
2. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

I know Fratelli have a charter office at the marina in Paraty. They may well be able to send a boat down to say Santos/ Guaraja on the SP Coast.Then take you back up the coast.

we charted a smaller boat with Paraty Tours and when booking in there broucheur it looked like they did larger craft again I think they were Fratelli or Azimut boats. I remember seeing them because my wife had to wipe the drool from my chin and slap me to stop dreaming.Maybe contact them first and it may start the ball rolling.

I am totaly jealous and hate you ! If you get it organised your gonna have such a great trip. Hope it has helped alittle . Have a great trip and post a report when you've done it.

Richard

England
reviews: 9
3. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

Got me thinking about doing somthing similar . This is what I came up with.

www.yachtcharterguide.com

Type in Brazil and there are quite a few. These are sailing Yachts but looks interesting , well got me thinking anyway.

Richard

Sao Paulo, SP
reviews: 37
4. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

No way, only if you rent a yatch (very expensive) about U$5.000,00 or more for a 12 hour trip.

Try: http://www.marealtacharter.com.br/

by bus is cheap U$20,00 (6 hours) (http://www.reunidaspaulista.com.br/)

Or rent a car,the road is ok and very beautiful.

A much better boat trip would be from Paraty to Ilha-grande(Angra dos Reis)(2-3 hours by boat).

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 3
5. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

Depending on the budget, take a look at:

www.tocorime.net

Maragogi, AL
reviews: 143
6. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

A good use for the money would be to cruise on a large, modern sailboat or their super catamaran from Paraty around Ilha Grande and some of Paraty's fantastic bay islands.

I have used www.latitudecharter.com.br/en/index.php twice for five day cruises there. They are all inclusive and top notch. Their captain as well as the owner speak English and have real ocean sailing experience throughout the world. Very interesting and comfortable. They drove me from Santos to Paraty both times. I wanted to sail from Santos, but the seas and the wind weren't cooperating and really the time on the bay was incredible.

7. Re: Sao Paulo to Paraty by boat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, November 15, 2009