We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

Which Buzios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cordoba
reviews: 1
Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

Hi, i am from Argentina, and i will travel Buzios on March. I will stay al Pousada Solar do Morro .. Could anyone tell me about it? Is it in a safe zone? I know it´s at Morro do Humaita .. thanks !

Hola, soy de Argentina, voy a viajar a Buzios en Marzo. Voy a hospedarme en la posada Solar do Morro, en el Morro do Humaita.. es una zona peligrosa? No conozco esa parte .. Muchas gracias !!

Cordoba
reviews: 1
1. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

I forgot something to ask .. is it high? i mean .. i dont have a car, i have to walk to the Pousada .. is it in an elevate place ? (hope you understand me..)

Olvide preguntar algo .. la Posada se encuentra en un lugar elevado? Es incomodo para llegar caminando ?

Sao Paulo,Brazil
reviews: 18
2. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

It's completly safe. About being high I'd say it all depends, it's around two blocks uphill, you don't need to be an athlete but a very old person would find it hard.

Rio
3. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

Hello Rober! Morro do Humaita is one of the best locations in Búzios where all the top boutique hotels (Casas Brancas, Abracadabra ) are located.

The "morro" is very safe, and also it is one of the best spots due to its 5 minute location to the famous "Rua das Pedras" as well as Ossos, Azeda and Azedinha Beaches.

If you want more info about the beaches close by , there is a very nice guide here > casasbrancas.com.br/new/…buzios-praias.html

Hope I could help you a bit =)

Very best regards,

Flavio

Rio
4. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

Here is the link in Spanish > casasbrancas.com.br/new/…buzios-prayas.html

Buzios, Brazil
5. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

Hi Rober2008,

I went to take a look. It is a simple pousada with 7 rooms - all occupied so I couldn't see one but I'm sure they are standard fare. The location is on Morro da Humaita on the side facing inward toward the main road and lagoa. Everything is small given the few rooms - the common areas, pool (which is an infinity style looking toward the road in front of the pousada), decksç but all seem sufficient. There was nobody in the common areas when I was there although there were signs of life. The largest common space is where breakfast is served and has a view of the morrow opposite. I saw lots of books from all over the world if you like to laze by the pool and read. Everything appeared in good shape - maybe a touch of paint here and there but mould grows rapidly here in Búzios and an annual touch-up is needed to keep things looking new.

Regarding walking there, you have two possibilities from centro. Either you take the road from the praça to the main road and arrive from the inside. This way is not the nicest way but is less steep. You have about a 15 m rise from the main street but it is quite gradual. Alternatively, you walk along Orla Bardot toward Ossos and take the first road to the right (about 1/2 km). The rise here is steep because the 15 m rise has about a 15 m, or less, run.

As for security, I would not worry about your personal safety in Búzios. Of course, things happen, but no more than any other very safe location. I walk freely around Búzios at any time without any fear for my personal security. If I couldn't do so, there is no way I'd be living here.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the delay. Búzios has been packed. It is actually much easier for me to visit these places in the off-season when things are dead (and, oh, so lovely).

Buzios, Brazil
6. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

Just to be precise, I know you've already booked so I didn't wish to be explicit, but for the benefit of others... the view is not on the Casas Brancas side. You are looking inward.

I'm sure you are not paying Casas Brancas prices so I'm sure you don't mind.

7. Re: Morro do Humaita .. where is it ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, September 26, 2009