We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach/pousada for alaskan family

Which Buzios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
anchorage,ak
reviews: 15
best beach/pousada for alaskan family

we are a 30 something couple with a 4 year old. we are looking for pousada/beach recommendations in the $100-150/night range(US dollar). there are so many places to stay, that it's a little intimidating. so far i like joao fernandes, geriba, or ferradura beaches. i'd like to be on the beach if possible and fairly close to rua das pedras.(walking distance if possible) i know that's a lot to ask and i appreciate the feedback.

best,

will

England
reviews: 9
1. Re: best beach/pousada for alaskan family

I was in Buzios this year and stayed at abracadabra, it is about as close as you are gonna get to town , great view, good value for money and very comfortable and clean. its not particularly close to the beaches but you can hire buggys to get you around and also just down the hill there are plenty of water taxis to take you to the beach. I must say we didn't have any children with us so I do not know if they cater for them but as a place to stay I loved it . I did post a review of abracadabra check out the pictures of the view !

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 3
2. Re: best beach/pousada for alaskan family

Althoug the water is usually very cold, Ferradura is a great beach for a family with a 4 year old. Since it's more or less enclosed, there are no waves and the water is not too deep. Geriba is a surfers beach, big waves are common. Not a place I'd like to go with a 4 year old.

San Francisco
reviews: 49
3. Re: best beach/pousada for alaskan family

We went to Buzios and just got back about a week ago. We stayed at Abracadabra as well and we loved it because there was a lot for our two-year old to do. He played in the pool, the staff really enjoyed him and we took walks to downtown - literally about five or so minutes.

I paid extra and got a room with a view. They are also environmentally-friendly at Abracadabra so coming from San Francisco, we value that.

Enjoy your trip!

4. Re: best beach/pousada for alaskan family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, October 07, 2009