We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A simple question

Which Buzios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 64
A simple question

Salvador or Buzios?, cant do both. Bearing in mind iam coming from Rio. My heart says a quick flight to Salvador, but my wallet says Buzios.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks

heidita
reviews: 1
1. Re: A simple question

I have been to both. If you are going for beaches, I'd go to Salvador. Or go to an island off of Salvador called Morro Sao Paulo. It is an island with only a few vehicles on it. Very beautiful.

Buzios is beautiful too. I just checked airfares and the fare from Rio to Salvador is sky high. So I would go to Buzios.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 3
2. Re: A simple question

Buzios is nice, but quite expensive. The trip to Buzios may be cheaper, but your stay won't. Unless you come in summer and like to hang at the beach, Buzios may be quite boring since there just isn't all that much to do, especially not on a rainy day. If the wallet can handle it, I'd go to Salvador. There is soo much more to see there.

Salvador, BA
3. Re: A simple question

Right now, airfare to Salvador is R$209 one way. (Not sky high IMO and not much more than last year's R$159, considering sky high fuel costs.)

heidita
4. Re: A simple question

Well that's good because yesterday I checked TAM's website and it did seem high... I will keep trying! Thanks for the tip.

P.S. Check out Morro Sao Paulo. I LOVED that place! You get there either by ferry or plane. A small plane. Really small plane!!!

Salvador, BA
5. Re: A simple question

TAM is usually higher than GOL. Try OceanAir too.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
6. Re: A simple question

Both places are very different. Salvador has city type beaches, not so scenic, but you go there for the culture of Pelourinho and the African fusion with Brazil. Buzios os the Saint Tropez of Brazil with lots of great shopping in Ruas das Pedras and I disagree with some of the posters that there is nothing to do when its raining. Buzios has some of thh best nightlife and restaurents in Brazil.

Regarding costs: Buzios is 2.5 hrs. by car or bus from Rio. Costs range from public transfers from city as cheap to private car with driver which is expensive, as much as 160-200 usd per way.

I love buzios because I like the vibe there and have many friends that own homes in Ferrudura and Geriba which are happening beaches dureing the day.

Howver I also love Salvador for its food, culture, capoeira and African blocos.

Here and there
7. Re: A simple question

Rio-Salvador? Look at Webjet, often the cheapest option although the current Gol promotion isn't bad.

8. Re: A simple question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:21 pm, August 08, 2008
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 64
9. Re: A simple question

Phew

They both have good arguments, obviously going to Buzios you save on air fare but that will be offset by food, drink etc....

But Salvador is calling and iam gonna book today and maybe have a couple off days/nights in Buzios

Again many thanks to all who replied

Buzios
10. Re: A simple question

Buzios is relaxing, charming, beaaaautiful nature, safe and easy to visit in a few days. however, Salvador is a metropolis.

GO TO BUZIOS - DEFINITELY !!!! and stay @ Vila Pitanga.

Cheers,

Jones