We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buzios and Parati

Which Buzios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 2
Buzios and Parati

Hi,

My friend and I are traveling to Brazil in May 2008, we have got 2 nights in Sao Paulo as that is where we are flying into and then about a week in Rio. We are going to go to Buzios, firstly could anyone recommend a great place to stay, that is close to the Rua das Pedras and not too expensive (USD$100 or less)We are also wanting to go to Parati afterwards for a few days but our length of stay in Buzios depends on what Parati has to offer. Can anyone compare the 2 for us?? As we do not want to cut our trip short in Buzios and end up hating Parati.

Can anyone also recommend things to do in Buzios, things that you would think are a must do...we quite active and are pretty much up for anything.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 9
1. Re: Buzios and Parati

Are you flying out of são paulo too? If not, I´d recomend that first you go to Parati, on your way to Rio, and then buzios.

Parati is a nice old colonial city, with some nice beaches, waterfalls, treks and diving spots near. I´d recomend taking the boat trip that takes almost half day and gives a good view of the area. Not much to say about nightlife, as I went during the cachaça festival in august, and all the party was there. But I´ve seen some good restaurants and bars around the colonial center.

Buzios has a huge nightlife, specially around rua das pedras. Also a big nightclub near orla Bardot called Privilege, which looks like the main night thing there. Also try Guapo Loco, Devassa and Chez Michou, bars that have their main ones in Rio.

about where to stay, I dont remember the name of the pousada I´ve stayed, but as you will be here out the winter, will be easy to find somewhere when you get there.

I hope I´ve helped! Feel free to ask more!

best,

Gabriela

London
reviews: 2
2. Re: Buzios and Parati

Thank you very much for all your advice Gabriela. Yes we are flying out from Sao Paulo so was going to go via Parati on the way back to Sao Paulo. Do you know what the transport system is like Between Sao Paulo and Rio and stopping at places like Buzios and Parati. We are looking at getting buses as it will be a little cheaper and a great way to see a bit more of the country. We believe there are different types of buses as in reliable fast buses and unreliable ones. Do you know how we go about getting tickets and can you give me any advice on the buses?? Would you also recommend that we take a bus from SP to Rio? How long will it take and is it safe and reliable. Sorry about all the questions but I like to be prepared and know what I am doing when I go to a foreign country.

Rio de Janeiro
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
reviews: 9
3. Re: Buzios and Parati

Hi,

intermunicipal buses in Brazil are confortable and reliable. To Buzios and São Paulo, you can take the buses from the company 1001, they have departures almost every 30 minutes. If its not a holiday weekend, you can easly get tickets right when you get the Novo Rio station.

From Rio to Paraty, take the Costa Verde bus company, they have a couple of schedule options, and as far as I can remember, the latest one is at 9pm (its 4 hour trip). From Paraty to São Paulo I dont remember the bus company, but you can find out at the hotel or at the bus stop.

I hope I´ve helped!

Gabriela

New York
reviews: 27
4. Re: Buzios and Parati

girlfromrio does Buzios have much nightlife now that the summer season is over? I was there the week before Easer (Pascoa!) and it was still good but everyone there said it was poised to slow down soon and I suspect a lot of stuff is closed now (like it is in the south of Brazil around Floripa and Garopaba). I liked Buzios but think that Paraty might be a more interesting venue now given its Colonial architecture and great beaches.

As for things to do in Buzios, the Rua das Pedras is a must but you will hang out there as all the stores and restuarants are in that areas. I would also try to snorkle and maybe check out as many beaches as you can. Also take a walk up the hills above Praia dos Ossos as there are some great views and it is just a nice hike!

I stayed at Pousada Tom Bombadil but it is a bit removed from the actual main town - but only a R10 cab ride or 15 minute walk. It was R250 - as it is offseason now maybe you can get a good deal at Casas Brancas or the pousadas around there.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
reviews: 63
5. Re: Buzios and Parati

You didn't say how many nights you have for Buzios or Pariti. They are so totally different than each other. If you want to get a look at what each one looks like, www.flickr.com in the search feature type city names. On Paraty use both Paraty and Parati.

Buzios has lots of nightlife, where Parati is quiet in the evenings. Its like coparing apples to oranges.

6. Re: Buzios and Parati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, September 25, 2009