We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buggies in Buzios???

Which Buzios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
reviews: 25
Buggies in Buzios???

While reading posada reviews for Buzios, I have noticed people mentioning that they rented "buggies" for transportation. What are they talking about? I don't assume they mean the horse drawn kind? Thanks ahead for any explanations.

Salvador, BA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

Beach buggies (think California surfers in your adolescence) are commonly found in many beach areas of Brazil that have dunes/beaches. Go to www.google.com and type the words beach buggy to see photos of the type of open vehicle with special tires that is being referred to.

St. Louis, MO
2. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

Thanks, tcanterelli! - Oh! They are DUNE buggies! At least that is what they are called in Florida (I lived there 17 yrs.). And they are called that in the desserts of the western U.S. and beaches in California as well. Also, depending on their size, sometimes they are referred to as 4 wheelers. Can these beach buggies be rented for very reasonable prices in Buzios? Anyone know the daily cost?

buzios
3. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

Hi ,

I'm a local advisor and is true ,the buggies are the best option in Buzios for you to get arround the city and visit all the 15 beaches .You can get a map and good tips from the front desk guy at your hotel or hire a bilingual tour guide ( highly reccomended).

PRICES: High season U$ 50-60 p/day

low season U$ 30-40 p/day

Feel free for more info about Buzios.

Adrian

local tour guide

St. Louis, MO
4. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

Adrian, I will keep the name of your tour company. Thanks!

Is early Nov. low season? (I hope!)

San Diego...
5. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

november thru march is high season in rio. it will be late spring/summer there.

St. Louis, MO
6. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

I was hoping it would be more "shoulder" season at worst. Airlines view Nov. as low season and I read on another post that Dec-April is high season. I'm not disputing you at all. I bellieve you. I just hope the prices won't be too bad. Thanks!

San Diego...
7. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

the key to my answer is "in brasil". the europeans start pouring into rio as soon as the temps get close to 0C degrees. the rest of south america and the southern hemisphere start summer vacations in november. as an american in rio during this time, the general attitude is "so what".

St. Louis, MO
8. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

Not sure I follow your meaning re:

"as an american in rio during this time, the general attitude is "so what".

Please explain!

San Diego...
9. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

quite frankly, the brasilians don't need the americans for anything. it's not like going to mexico where the americans are cateered to. in brasil, in rio, being an american is nothing special to the people. the only ones who will care are those who want to learn to speak american english and will ask to speak with you.

you will be treated courtiously, and with respect, but not special. the brasilians are warm, friendly, very helpful. they are extremely proud people, of themselves, of rio, of brasil.

St. Louis, MO
10. Re: Buggies in Buzios???

And well they should be proud of their city and country and all they have to offer. It sounds extraordinary! Just about any local I've met in any country is proud of their country in many ways and are generally anxious to share it w/most visitors. That is one common denominator I've found in people of all countries. It doesn't mean they should be rude, and according to you that won't be a problem. So I don't care if they "need" me or not! I just want to be treated fairly, and I hope in a friendly manner. I certainly would never expect special treatment, no matter what country I go to. Now, you hear "the french are rude", or NYers are pushy, and the English are staid, all sorts of complaints. But generally most citizens of most countries are friendly and want tourists to admire their country.

Also, I sense that you really don't like Mexico at all. I don't know what your experience has been there, but I'm sure it's much different than mine. I don't think just because a Mexican is nice to an American in Mexico that it means it's because they NEED us. I disagree w/that being the ONLY reason they are nice. You are always going to come across that in the tourism industry, or in any way where they are making money from you. But we get that in our OWN country. You think the guy behind the desk at the Fairmont Hotel is being so NICE because he just likes you? NO! It's his JOB. The hotel NEEDS customers! He MIGHT BE a genuinely nice guy, but - you never know.

I'm anxious to be around the Brazilians because the few I have ever encountered were very pleasant and fun loving, that is my expectations of the vast majority of the ones I hope I meet. Sure, I know there will be the snakes and kids, etc., who prey on tourists. But hopefully I won't have much contact w/them.

Get answers to your questions about Buzios