We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

Which Foz do Iguacu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 8
Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

We are visiting Iguazu falls end of February just for 1 day (we stay in Argentinian side). As we live in Perth we sent our passports to Brazilian Embassy in Canberra end of December by registered mail. I made sure we enclosed all the required paperwork plus money order. Their website says it will take 20 working days and they will strictly not answer any questions or enquiry regarding visa. Although I worried, as we don't have enough time to obtain visa in Argentina, we had no choice but sent anyway.

Now I worry a lot as I haven't even received "lodgement receipt" by the Embassy from Australia Post which I arranged when I mailed. A.post says they have definitely received so don't worry.

Has any Australian in this furum done same thing before? Please give me your story for my peace of mind.

Thank you

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
reviews: 7
1. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

Hi Perth!

We had a similar problem getting our Brazilian visas through one of their consulates in Canada. We found that the process took longer than expected.

I hope you allowed lots of time, more than just the one month promised. Otherwise, if your postal service is confident the documents were delivered, the visas will eventually come. Ours finally did.

Not wanting to sound excessively technical, but I trust you sent the application to the address given by the Brazilians. Visas are issued by consulates, not by embassies. An embassy usually has a consular affairs office attached, so it makes no difference in practice. Still, if you sent the documents to an office other than the one prescribed by the Brazilians, that could delay matters.

Otherwise, good luck. You're not even at 20 days yet! The Brazilians told us 20 business days and took more like 30.

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

Hi Capetien

I am delighted to tell you with a big relief that I have received 2 passports from Australia Post this morning. It took us 3 weeks in total but it was a long time for me. I thought so hard about sending our passports and when I finally sent I started to regaret. Risk was too big compared to just a half day sightseeing. But now I can really look forward to our half day sightseeing.

Thank you for writing.

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
reviews: 7
3. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

Bravo! Good news!

Foz do Iguacu, PR
reviews: 40
4. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

Oi and congrats,

Enjoy the Falls it is totally amazing.Will be warm and be sure you have comfortable non-slip shoes. You will get wet.

terang
5. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

Hi, we too are going to the falls in early March. We posted our documents off on the 3rd Jan and received them back on the 17th so we were very pleased it was so prompt. Have fun, we can't wait.

Perth, Australia
6. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

We will arrive at Pt Iguazu at 11am on 27 Feb, don't want to go directly to Brazilian side, so leave our luggage at Pt Iguazu hotel and then taxi to Foz do Iguazu. Now want to add Bird Park after seeing beautiful photos. Hope we have time. We have all day in Argentinean side the next day. I was there in 1987 and entrance to the Iguazu Falls Argentinean side was 2 Australes (A1.6/1USD) and 4 Cruzeiro in Brazil (CR27/1USD). Brazialian side was a kind of free. So I took my first and only helicopter ride for 5 minutes and paid USD25! I spent fortune (at that time) so I remember well! Cannot wait to visit South America after 25 years.

7. Re: Brazilian Visa obtaining in Australia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, March 07, 2013