We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serra Verde express still running?

Which Curitiba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 9
Serra Verde express still running?

Serra Verde express still running? today, 15:15

Hi,

I am planning my trip to Brazil for the end of the year and would like to try the fabulous Serra Verde express. The site is not functioning quite wel though .. or is it possible that it is sold out? Is it possible to buy the ticket previous day in Curitiba, for example?

All advice on the subject plus "to do" in Curitiba or Paranagua in New Year's time, is most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Tzv

16 replies to this topic
Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba
reviews: 71
1. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

Hi Tzv,

That's true, the site has changed and for worse, perhaps you could get in touch with them by e-mail:

curitiba@serraverdeexpress.com.br - you can write in English.

In the following thread there are further info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303441-i5503-k629…

I didn't find nothing special for the NY time yet.

Brussels, Belgium
reviews: 9
2. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

Thank you so much Cordeiro,

I sent the e-mail following your suggestion ... however, I am also trying to decide whether I stay in Curitiba or go to Paranagua, where I gather there is also the beach. I know that the situation is better on the islands, but it is too late to book there, sadly. On the other hand I am considering a flight at 10:30 from Curitiba airport. So, do you think taht if I stay in Paranagua, I can make it to the Curitiba airport for an early flight and with the conventional transport methods ... How much would it cost ?

Best regards,

Tzveta

Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba
3. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

TZ,

Paranaguá is a port, there are no beaches there. My suggestion is go from Curitiba to Paranaguá by train and return to Curitiba in the same day, a couple of hours in Paranaguá is more than enough. It will be nicer for you to enjoy Curitiba more.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

I'm quite interesting in this forum as I'm planning a trip to Ilha do Mel on the 17th of Dec. I was wondering how straight forward it is getting to the island from the train in Morretes via buses and boats. I heard that boats leave paranagua a couple times a day, is this true or ponta do sul the only way to the island?

PS I have also had a lot of trouble booking on their website.

Brasil
Destination Expert
for Curitiba
5. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

tucker,

Here a compilation of post dealing with this matter:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303441-i5503-k689…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303441-i5503-k613…

tripadvisor.com/…27558046

Curitiba, PR
6. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

Hello Mr. tucker,

Serra Verde Express is running every day. We tryied to change our website that was going to support online sales. Unfortunately we had some problems and we came back with the old. Soon we will have that tool working... If you send me and email, I can help you with all your doubts.

Thank you, my best regards

Adonai

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 5
7. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

Hi everybody

We bought tickets yesterday in Curitiba, so I can tell you the information I am giving you is up to date. The train does not go to Paranagua anymore. The train runs only from Curitiba to Morrentes. The regular train leaves everyday at 8:15AM Curitiba, and the Litorina train (more expensive) leaves at 9:15AM only on weekends.

From Morrentes there are frequent buses to Paranagua and to Pontal de Parana.

Now, there are only two ferries going to Ilha do Mel from Paranagua per day. But there are several ferries to Ilha do Mel from Pontal de Parana, one every hour. Also, the second ferry is a shorter ride and more pleasant.

The information about the ferrys was passed to me by the tourist information lady and I will only confirm it on Sunday when we go to the island.

I hope this will help you guys.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 5
8. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

Hello:

An update for whoever might be interested. As I said before, the train only travels to Morretes now. From there you can take a bus to Paraguana. This is just a regular bus and you might not get a seat all the way to the ferry port and it takes about an hour. From there you can take the ferry to Brasilia or Encantadas in Ilha do Mel. There are two ferries per day, one in the morning and one mid afternoon.

You can also do what we did. Take another bus to Punta Sul, where boats leave every half an hour to both places on the island. I don't know which one is quicker but we decided for the second one because we thought it was going to be quicker, but the bus took one hour and a half, however the boat ride was only 20 minutes.

Cheers

Curitiba, PR
9. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

Hello,

Our website is not fully operational at this moment. Meanwhile you can send your requests to one of the Travel Agents bellow:

Patricia - patriciaw@serraverdeexpress.com.br

Carla - carlaa@serraverdeexpress.com.br

We will be more than happy to assist you in booking your train ticket.

Best regards,

Bucharest, Romania
reviews: 30
10. Re: Serra Verde express still running?

I'm going to be in Curitiba on 16th of June for the Iran - Nigeria game.

My flight lands in Curitiba at 06.57am.

From what I understand, this train leaves at 08.15am and the ride takes 3 hours.

So, basically, it should arrive at Morretes at 11.15.

My question is this:

Once I arrive at Morrets, is there a bus or a van that would bring me back to Curitiba by 13.00 - 13.30?

Thats because I have to be at the stadium by around 14.00 - 14.30.

Reply to: Serra Verde express still running?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted