We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brasilia hostel - again

Which Brasilia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
berlin
Brasilia hostel - again

Hello!

I've been trying to search the forums but for some reason I'm unable to find decent information about the hostels or other cheaper hotels/accomodation in Brasilia.

I understand that there have been some cheaper unofficial pousadas at W3 sul avenue but apart their being a bit controversial they've also been shut down.

Could anyone be so kind to recommend an accomodation in Brasialia which is clean, trouble free, central location and for about 100 reais per night - at least not much more. A lot to ask but we are more than willing to accept very simple facilities if they are decent.

It would great if someone could point me in a direction as our travels are coming closer day by day and I have no idea where to stay in Brasilia. I'm looking very much forward to seeing this city and Niemayers work!

Salvador, BA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

All the business hotels in this planned city are within a couple of blocks of each other in the center, not too far from the bus station either. The only hostel is waaaaay out on the edge of the city. I think you may be very dissappointed with the extremely dated feeling of the Niemeyer buildings. The newer JK bridge is worth seeing though. Check which show might be at the art museum; occasionally they have a good one. Visiting the pools in the Parque National and going out to the lake at night to stroll and eat gives some insight into real life in the city.

berlin
2. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

Thanks again! I know about the hotel sectors and I've been checking out some of the hotels on the internet but so far I'm only able to find ones which are 170 or 180 reais for a double room which is too much for us. Any ideas for nice cheap ones?

Thank you!

Salvador
3. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

Try here, there are anumber of pousadas listed starting from R$40,00 per night.

www.ondehospedar.com.br/df/brasilia.php

Salvador
4. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

And here are some more:

http://www.hoteisembrasilia.hoteis.com.br/

If you travel to Brasilia over a weekend, you'll find many of the quoted prices drop dramatically, all the politicians and anyone else who can do so gets out of town. If you look at the Brasilia Imperial for example a weekday price of R$180,00 drops back to R$109,00 for a weekend.

Interesting place but you really don't want to spend more than a couple of nights there at most, unless of course your trip is business related.

berlin
5. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

Jorge Antonio Salvador,

Thank you, you are very kind to help out.

The fligt to Salvador with TAM is 250 reais, I guess this is something we'll just have to pay. I checked at the hostelsite you mentioned there were a couple with ok prices, but do you have any experiences of these cheaper places? How are they like? The second link you provided consisted of the more expensive hotels, startin from about 170 for weekdays.

If someone has some firsthand experience about a cheaper great.

Thank you!

Whitesboro, New York
reviews: 22
6. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

I don't have any first hand experience in any of the Pousadas on the W3 since I have a house here but Brasilia is relatively safe, even up on the W3 where these places are located. Be aware that these "pousadas" are not really tourist friendly and more for the evening tryst. If you plan your visit over the weekend then you really can take advantage of the great prices on the hotels since, as was mentioned, most folks that can leave, do so. Try the Mercure or Comfort Suites where you will certainly find a great deal on a nice place.

Brasilia, DF
reviews: 41
7. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

Better late than never: consider Naoum Express - recently opened, more or less the price range you are looking for, near the Continental.

By the way, pousadas have mostly been shut down - they are in residential areas & residents weren't too happy about them.

Boa Viagem!

Brazil
8. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

There is a Youth Hostel in Brasilia. It is not quite in the city center, but if u take bus nr 143 from the centre its just 10 min ride.

They also have a webpage in portuguese

http://www.brasiliahostel.com.br/

One night costs around 35 RS

Salvador, BA
reviews: 1
9. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

There was a recent report on one of the other Brazil forums that the HI hostel in Brasilia had recently closed. Is this the one? Perhaps someone there (of our 2 regulars or?) would be kind enough to call and find out.

Brazil
10. Re: Brasilia hostel - again

Mmmm.. its sure not this one, because im here in the hostel right now :)