We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying 2 nights in appleton

Which Appleton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york city
reviews: 2
staying 2 nights in appleton

on a college tour and coming to see lawrence. suggestions for dinner out? we're nyc parents and it doesn't have to be fussy but we'd like it to taste good!!!

what else is fun to do in appleton on a september sunday afternoon?

4 replies to this topic
Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 31
1. Re: staying 2 nights in appleton

There are so many choices in Appleton for dining.

If you are looking for a great cup of coffee and a sandwich, head to Copper Rock on College Ave. (it's literally a mile down from the college). It's def. a place your son or daughter will come to love in the future.

If you are looking for great Italian food, Victoria's (also downtown Appleton) is the BEST place to go. There is also buca di beppo near the Fox River Mall that serves family style.

Seafood, everything generally comes in frozen... so Red Lobster would be your best bet.

Good Company (also on College ave/Richmond st) is a great pub like atmosphere and just about everything on the menu is delish!

Pullmans, which is a lot like good company but a bit more upscale, is on the Fox River so if it's nice out.. you have a great view!

Well, if there is a Packer game on that Sunday that would be the main attraction for the area. We love our football around here. There are quite a few orchards around the area and it really depends on what weekend. If you want to let me know what weekend, I will see what I can find!

Hope this helps!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
reviews: 11
2. Re: staying 2 nights in appleton

If it is a nice afternoon, think about going to High Cliff State Park. It's on Lake Winnebago and is quite nice.

You should also check the Lawrence Calendar to see if anything interesting is going on. If you don't see the Wriston Art Centre earlier, check out that gallery. Also, if you haven't done the river walk, that is another activity.

There is an interesting History Museum on College Avenue practically on campus.

I would also asked the Admissions Office at LU for recommendations. They are used to families coming to visit from out of state. ; )

Pam

Neenah, Wisconsin
reviews: 52
3. Re: staying 2 nights in appleton

unfortunately, some of my favorite appleton restaurants are closed on sunday evenings. so it depends on what night your 2nd night is.

il angolo is just off college avenue, and is open every nite except sunday.

http://ilangolo-appleton.com

flanagan's wine review is right on college, but is only open tues-sat.

http://flanaganswr.com

for sunday nite, i'd recommend one of the following:

carmella's-a couple miles west in a strip mall on the grounds of fox river mall. completely nondescript outside, but great atmosphere inside (and even a nice patio if weather's nice). an italian bistro-ive been there numerous times over the past few years, and, along with everyone in my party, ive always had a great meal. lunch and dinner daily

http://carmellasbistro.com

bella vita restaurant-inside the copper leaf hotel downtown

ive had several good meals here, but sometimes it's not as fabulous as others.

http://www.bellavitacopperleaf.com

fratello's-more casual dining with great view on the river-across the river from pullman's, which i also like

supplerestaurantgroup.com/index.php…

lombardi's steakhouse inside the radisson paper valley hotel-never been there as i dont like steak, but people seem to like it

i like pamelac's ideas for activities! the history museum has a new exhibit in which they made the machines da vinci drew-i cant wait to see it. green bay is crazy if there's a home game, unless you get tickets, in which case it's an awesome experience. if no home game, and youre into football, one can take tours of lambeau and there's a hall of fame.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
reviews: 81
4. Re: staying 2 nights in appleton

Try Carmellas for great italian food. It's near the Fox River mall.

Reply to: staying 2 nights in appleton
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted