We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to my hotel in Trancoso from Porto Seguro?

Which Trancoso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
How can I get to my hotel in Trancoso from Porto Seguro?

I am flying from Rio to Porto Seguro in February and need to know the best way to get to my hotel in Trancoso. Should I take a bus/taxi/ferry? The hotel says they can arrange a driver who will both drive and take me on the ferry but it will cost $100.00 so I am wondering if there is a cheaper option.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Salvador
1. Re: How can I get to my hotel in Trancoso from Porto Seguro?

There's bus that leaves every hour from the Arrial d'Ajuda side of the river in front of the balsa (ferry) terminal. Alternately you could rent a dune buggy in either Arrial d'Ajuda or Porto Seguro. If you take the bus, then just cab it from the airport to the balsa and get the bus on the otherside. You'll see any number of backpackers doing the same.

Salvador
2. Re: How can I get to my hotel in Trancoso from Porto Seguro?

oops Arraial d'Ajuda. Fat typing fingers.

3. Re: How can I get to my hotel in Trancoso from Porto Seguro?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 19, 2010