We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, NV
reviews: 16
Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

Hi,

I will be attending the Spain/Netherlands game on 6/13. I plan to arrive on the afternoon of 6/12 and leave Salvador either late on 6/13 or early 6/14. For this short amount of time, what would be the best area to stay in to be able to see some of the historic town and go to the game?

I've seen comments that the stadium is walkable from Santo Antonio, so this is a good area to be in, but then I've read others stating how unsafe it is and that it's a terrible place to stay. I've also seen Barra and Rio Vermelho recommended but not sure how they would be convenience-wise.

Please help! There will just be two of us.

Sayulita, Mexico
reviews: 80
1. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

First problem is availability, second is always the price asked.I suspect that most hotels during that season will only sell worldcup packages of a minimum stay between 4-7 days for a hefty price.But look into B&B hotels in Barra.

Las Vegas, NV
2. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

I've already got some options for my stay but just need to know which area would be better.

Sayulita, Mexico
3. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

When it comes to safety and you are very new,,don't know the City well and arriving late.I think Barra is better since it is more convenient.Santo Antonio is safe if you know the surroundings but those who don't can walk into the wrong place and time

Kochi, Japan
reviews: 2
4. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

Try couch surfing! I think will be better than hotel and you 'll be ablt to get to see some of the city

Campinas, SP
5. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

If all you wanna do is stay close to the stadium safely, Nazaré is the place to be. It's the safest neighborhood around there with accommodation options. However, it is not a touristic area, so don't expect much else.

Lots of people stay around Pelourinho, which's not far from the stadium, but some consider unsafe.

Tbh, not even Barra is that far from the stadium, the only problem is traffic.

Melbourne...
6. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

I've heard and read online that its best to travel to the stadium for the matchday with a crowd and to not wonder around the neighbourhoods of the stadium before / after the match alone.

Las Vegas, NV
7. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

Can anyone recommend any specific places? I have quotes from Village Novo and Pousada Casa Vila Bela but not sure if these are even good options.

Sayulita, Mexico
8. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

I have only stayed at Pousada Azul and Papaya verde.Simple,very Clean with great breakfast in Barra.But they arent botique Hôtel or Five stars.

9. Re: Where to stay for 1 night for World Cup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 10, 2015