We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carnival for 60-somethings?

Which Salvador hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
reviews: 9
Carnival for 60-somethings?

I am looking for some advice. My husband and I and another couple are planning to attend Carnival in 2014 in Salvador and/or Olinda. We were at Carnival in Rio about 10 years ago and loved it. But looking at the photos from Salvador Carnival, everyone seems to be no older than 30. We are all in our sixties and are wondering what would be the best way to participate in Carnival in Salvador.

Are there some camarotes with a more ‘mixed age’ crowd? How about the blocos? It also seems that the festivities in Pelourinho might be attractive to us. Thoughts?

Also, what are the relative merits of Carnival in Salvador vs. Recife/Olinda?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

GrABC
11. Re: Carnival for 60-somethings?

Yeah, Pardal, the site owner and writer, is not only a great guy and a good musician, but passionate and knowledgable about Salvador, his home for many years, and it comes through in every word.

If you can get on one of his nights into the interior to listen to some local roots music, by all means do so. Not sure if he runs them during Carnaval.

Edited: 7:11 pm, August 14, 2013
NJ
reviews: 40
12. Re: Carnival for 60-somethings?

CA88

My wife and I are in our early 60's and plan on attending Carnival. Prior to Carnival...we are renting a place in Barra from Feb 15 until Feb 27.. We are searching now for something somewhat affordable for Carnival week. Please let us know if you find something with room for 2 couples...and have any interest in discussing sharing...

new york
reviews: 9
13. Re: Carnival for 60-somethings?

Hi Ourjetboat -

I am sending you a private message

14. Re: Carnival for 60-somethings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 21, 2014