We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal excursions in Manaus

Which Manaus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 9
Personal excursions in Manaus

The four of us were in Manaus from March 29 to March 31, 2008. We met Feliciano through the company we booked our trip through.

For the popular excursions in Manaus, for 80 to 90 rials/person, local hotels offer excursions to the Meeting of the Waters and the water lilies. These excursions are with a large group of tourists, on a slow boat. The tour is from 9am to 4pm. They offer zero flexibility and you're tied to the large impersonal group.

Feliciano organized our own trip for 4 of us. He rented a small, faster boat to the Meeting of the Waters, water lilies, AND an excursion into the flooded forest. Feliciano was willing to customize our tour. He also offered an excursion to the fish market in the city of Manaus. All of this was for 100 reals per person. It included boat rental and a tip for Feliciano.

He will be starting up his own excursion company soon. But if you want personal attention without the feeling of being on a cruise, I highly recommend him. I've listed his contact information below if you're interested:

Feliciano

famazonrivercharter@yahoo.com.br

Cell : 55-92-9196-3316

Home (night only) : 55-92-3638-2238

BR
1. Re: Personal excursions in Manaus

Why is it that people write for the first time to recommend some tour operator for the Amazon? No mention of any other part of their trip, just NYC to Manaus and directly into the arms of this guy--no other impressions of Brazil, no other experiences worth recounting? On most Brazil travel forums, that would be recognized as part of the current Amazon spam wars.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 9
2. Re: Personal excursions in Manaus

I'm sorry if this isn't the site to give a helpful tips or advice. Before my trip, I was looking for this kind of information. Since apparently you speak for everyone, I'll post elsewhere.

kentucky
reviews: 37
3. Re: Personal excursions in Manaus

and why do you think we, as tourists are in here looking for info? if there weren't so many cheaters or people who complained but offered no intrinsic info...

I would have appreciated that info when I went last month

kentucky
reviews: 37
4. Re: Personal excursions in Manaus

I found a fellow @ Silva Turismo to hire for quick trip out to Meeting of the Waters. His phone is 55-92-91469716.

Bargain--in particular for groups of 3 (his car holds 3 in comfort) I don't know how much he charges for other trips--I think it's pretty standard base price and you work the price to where everyone is happy.

5. Re: Personal excursions in Manaus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 24, 2009