We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manaus and the Amazon

Which Manaus hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Silverthorne, CO
reviews: 1
Manaus and the Amazon

I was in the Amazon in April 2010 and my tour was truly unforgettable! I arranged everything with Max from www.maiaexpeditions.com. and he took such great care of me! Since I was traveling alone a lot of tour companies turned me down, or told me that things were not possible. Max went out of his way to organize everything that I wanted to do, and even though I was the only one on the tour he still arranged it!

Besides this, I was able to stay with a family on the water, swim with the dolphins, and climb a tree 35 meters high! The food was amazing and everyone was very nice and helpful, even when I didn't speak their language. The entire operation was professional and the English speaking guides were not only perfect in their English, but informative about the area, the people, and the animals.

I definitely recommend this company, and their guides!! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about going there.

http://www.maiaexpeditions.com/index.php

Manaus
reviews: 6
1. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

I saw your post in another forum,by the way Maia Expedition,Gero Tours and the other outfitter Manausjunglehostel have a good reputation in Manaus tour operators.

Edited: 5:07 pm, October 23, 2010
Silverthorne, CO
2. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

Thank you! That's excellent to hear, because Max is a good guy and I'm hoping he gets a lot of business in the future.

Hilton Head, South...
3. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

My husband and I will be on a small cruise ship, staying in Manaus for two nights. Does anyone have any ideas for tours off the ship that will make the most of our time there? Following the two night stay, we continue up the Amazon for another 3 days before exiting and heading north. Any information on Manaus itself or other Amazon tours would be appreciated.

SCGirl

Silverthorne, CO
4. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

I think most of the tours that go from Manaus into the Amazon are more than 2 days. It takes a few hours to get there, at least where I was.

However, definitely check out http://www.amazontreeclimbing.com/ for something to do 1/2 day. It's really a great experience, and the guy that runs it speaks perfect English.

You might also be able to get in 1/2 or 1 day of swimming with the dolfins. I would send Max and email and ask about that. It was one of the highlights of my trip and an experience you will never forget. Max can set up both things for you, just let him know your schedule.

Have an awesome time!

Manaus
5. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

try www.manausjungletours.com they have tours from 1 to 6 days,they have very good itinerary too.

Edited: 6:13 am, November 21, 2010
6. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:32 am, September 26, 2013
Edited: 10:32 am, September 26, 2013
7. Re: Manaus and the Amazon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 21, 2011