We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 Days in Japan

Which Fuji hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 3
8 Days in Japan

Hi

Im planning for my trip to Japan in early December.

I plan to visit Tokyo, Osaka and Sapporo in 8 days.

Is it realistic? Im buying the Japan Rail Pass .

with me will be 3 boys (9-12)

in tokyo, i plan to visit , mt fuji and disneyland. any other recommendation?

will appreciate your advise in osaka and sapporo too?

Thanks

Nilza

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 103
1. Re: 8 Days in Japan

Tokyo, Osaka, and Sapporo in 8 days might be done, technically, but I hesitate to recommend it. Tokyo-Sapporo takes a long time, about 9 hours, even on the fastest Hayabusa and Hokuto connection. Also, you'd be just passing many wonderful places on the way in the Tohoku Region and Southern Hokkaido without visiting them. Sapporo City is okay but not the highlight of Hokkaido.

Osaka is an interesting city, and I love it, but the main focus for tourists in the Kansai Region, or for the whole of Japan, should be Kyoto and Nara, even if you aren't so interested in old temples and shrines.

Osaka is fine for a day in the 8 days schedule.

Mt Fuji (Lake Kawaguchiko or Mount Hakone resort areas) requires a long day trip from Tokyo or a stay trip.

Edited: 5:12 am, July 28, 2013
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 3
2. Re: 8 Days in Japan

Thank you for your advice.

1. Accommodation

Which areas in Tokyo and Osaka would you recommend? Accessible to stations is important.

Im looking for room that can fit in 2 adults and 3 boys. dont mind trying the japanese traditional room, sleeping on mat.

2. Day Activities

Besides mt fuji and disneyland, what other places you would recommend. intend to stay in tokyo for 4 days.

Also, in Osaka, beside universal studio, other interesting place to visit.

Lastly, what would you recommend for 8 days visit in Japan. As to which parts of Japan i should visit.

Thank you so much

3. Re: 8 Days in Japan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 02, 2014