We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
reviews: 39
Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

Hello from Washington UK, yes there is one haha. We are visiting the USA on a tour holiday, we are staying at the Doubletree Crystal City for two nights mid October. Can anyone let me know of reasonable mid range restaurants which are in walking distance, say half an hour of the hotel. I've seen the Lebanese Taverna mentioned which looks good. Although I've looked at it on Google satellite I cant tell if you can actually walk along Army Navy Drive. Any all advice/ help welcome. We are independently staying in Washington DC later in our holiday so don't want to travel there for a meal. Thanks Jean

7 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 89
1. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

Yes, you can walk along Army-Navy Drive--there's sidewalks for pedestrians. The nearby Pentagon City Mall (and the environs) has lots of restaurants. There's even a food court in the Mall if you want to try that. You'll also find plenty of restaurants in Crystal City (within a 15-20 minute walk.) One of our family's favorite mid-price chains is Chili's and they have a restaurant at 320 South 23rd Street.

Sunderland, United...
2. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 1
3. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

There's a Jaleo in Crystal City about 10 minutes walk away with fantastic tapas, and a Legal Sea Food right off Jeff Davis Highway about 3 blocks south of your hotel.

Washington DC
4. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

As suggested, Jaleo is very good and it's my top choice for food in Crystal City. Closer to Doubletree Crystal City is Epic Smokehouse located at 1330 S Fern St ( www.opentable.com/epic-smokehouse?scpref=96 ) I have only been there once. I think it is just fine but my friends liked it.

Sunderland, United...
5. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

Thanks..I wish we were staying longer, maybe another holiday in the USA should be planned!

Brookneal, Virginia
reviews: 61
6. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

You are missing one of the premier restaurants in the area- right there in your own hotel- the SkyDome Lounge restaurant and bar.

We enjoyed an evening there for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

You have a panoramic view of the city, and the dining room rotates slowly (almost imperceptively until you suddenly notice things changed while you were talking) 360 degrees.

Wonderful food- we shared the deviled egg appetizer (4 ways) and the shrimp cocktail.

My husband had the rainbow trout, F.I.L had the sliders and the rest of us had the daily special, which was prime rib that night- excellent!

We finished with an excellent cheese cake and key lime pie (seasonal).

If you want to go for dinner, plan to go early. At 9 pm on the weekends, they turn off the lights and turn on the music and you can dance.

You can find more info here: …hilton.com/en/…index.html

NoCal
reviews: 64
7. Re: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City

yes, walking was quite safe even after 10pm from the supermarket. Just finished a stay there.

Reply to: Restaurants near Doubletree Crystall City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted