We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near finish line

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Modesto, California
reviews: 1
Hotels near finish line

I will be in Washington in October for the Marine Corp Marathon and am thinking of staying at the Hyatt Arlington as it is close to the finish line. Is this hotel within walking distance to all of the museums, etc? Also, it appears that they do not have a shuttle to the start line so I'm wondering if that is within walking distance as well. Any help you can give me would e most appreciated. If there are other hotels that you would suggest, I would appreciate that as well.

Thank you

6 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 5
1. Re: Hotels near finish line

Well there are no museums near the finish line, so the Hyatt won't be walking distance to museums. It is very close to the Metro, it will be about a ten minute ride to the Smithsonian where most of the museums are located. Other hotels near the finish line are Virginian Suites and the Best Western Iwo Jima. As for the starting line, The Marine Corps Marathon website suggests using the Pentagon Metro station for access, but looking at this map here: marinemarathon.com/MCM_Runner_Info/Course_Ma… I would say it would be about a 20 minute walk from the Hyatt (although I am a fast walker, your mileage may vary.)

Modesto, California
2. Re: Hotels near finish line

Thanks for your reply. From what I have read, it's better to be near the finish line because it's easier and less chaotic to walk back to your hotel than wait for metro. Which do you think is better, Virginian or Hyatt?

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 91
3. Re: Hotels near finish line

The finish for the Marine Corps Marathon is at the Iwo Jima Memorial. Any hotel located in the Rosslyn area of Arlington should be within walking distance of the Memorial. Both the Hyatt and the Virginia Suites get excellent reviews here on Trip Advisor. The Virginia Suites is a few blocks from the Iwo Jima Memorial and the Hyatt is about a mile away. (That may make a big difference after having run 26.2 miles!) But any hotel in Rosslyn that meets your needs and your budget should be fine.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 5
4. Re: Hotels near finish line

I have stayed at both, and I would give the edge to the Hyatt. It's newer and closer to the Metro and many restaurants. Virginian Suites is closer, but is in a residential neighborhood that doesn't provide much in the way of restaurants or anything else (although there is an awesome crab house called the Quarterdeck nearby if you want to try some crabs.) BTW, there is what is called a Finish Festival on Wilson Blvd. after the race on Wilson Blvd. near the Hyatt, so chances are you'll be funneled that way after the race anyway.

Modesto, California
5. Re: Hotels near finish line

Great. Thanks for your input!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
6. Re: Hotels near finish line

I also think the Hyatt is a better option for what you describe, but both the Virginian and the Hyatt will be walking distance after the race. Before the race, I would probably just leave time to walk from the Hyatt to the starting line. The starting line is not particularly close to the Pentagon Metro, so if you take Metro to the Pentagon you'll add the hassle of that and then still have a long walk.

Reply to: Hotels near finish line
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted