We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosslyn - Holiday Inn, Fort Myer Drive

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Teesside, England
reviews: 40
Rosslyn - Holiday Inn, Fort Myer Drive

We are booked into the Rosslyn Holiday Inn later this week. I am driving from Dulles and I put their address (1900 N Fort Myer Drive) into my SatNav. Looking on Google Earth it looks as though the hotel entrance is actually off N Nash Street not Fort Myer Drive. Would this be correct?

This is the directions given by the hotel - Take Dulles Access Road (267 East) to Route 66 East toward Washington. Take exit 71 (Rosslyn/Key Bridge). Hotel will be on the right.

The first time I have driven in Washington and I don't want to get stuck in a one way system as soon as I arrive ! ! !

Edited: 7:51 am, June 10, 2013
Springfield, VA
reviews: 113
1. Re: Rosslyn - Holiday Inn, Fort Myer Drive

I believe that the entrance is on Nash Street but, if you are concerned, I'd suggest calling/emailing the hotel directly to verify it. Also, the US doesn't have one-way systems in the way that England does, although there will be one-way streets in most large cities.

I have vivid memories of going around and around the one-way system in Lancaster, trying to find the Sainsbury's parking lot while touring in the southern lake district.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
2. Re: Rosslyn - Holiday Inn, Fort Myer Drive

I understand your concerns but you should not have a problem getting into this hotel. At exit 71 you will exit I-66 onto Lee Highway. It's true that runs one way to the east. But you can make a right turn onto either Nash Street (which has two-way traffic) or Fort Myer Drive (which has one way traffic heading south). If you turn onto Fort Myer and find the entrance really was on Nash Street, getting back is as easy as making a right at the end of the block, and then making another two rights in quick sequence to get back onto Nash street. If you pull up the satellite view on Google maps (rather than the street view) you'll see what I'm talking about, as you can see the yellow stripe down the middle of Nash denoting two way traffic.

Edited: 11:38 am, June 10, 2013
Teesside, England
reviews: 40
3. Re: Rosslyn - Holiday Inn, Fort Myer Drive

Fantastic . . . . . many thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

4. Re: Rosslyn - Holiday Inn, Fort Myer Drive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 12, 2014