We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 50
Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

My husband and I will be in Arlington for a long weekend later this month (June). Can stay at either Residence Inn Court House or Residence Inn Ballston (new one on Quincy). have read reviews of both (RI Ballston is only a month old so only 2 reviews). Cost per night is very close. We now have a son living in the area and both hotels are a convenient location to visit him.

Would like information about dining options within walking distance of each - What restaurants do you like/recommend? Also, is one closer to metro stop than other?

Any input that would help us make a decision between the two would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 91
1. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

The Courthouse Residence Inn is about 3 blocks from Metro; the Ballston Residence Inn is about 5 blocks from Metro.

I seldom eat in either area, but I would say that there are more dining choices in Ballston. (We like Vapiano's.) We more often eat in Clarendon which has a wide variety of restaurants. Clarendon is just one Metro stop away from both Ballston and Courthouse.

2. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

longhorn - thanks for info - Any particular restaurants in Clarendon that you recommend?

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 91
3. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

A few off the top of my head are: Pete's Apizza, Hard Times Cafe, Liberty Tavern and Whitlows on Wilson. For chains, there's a Cheesecake Factory. Some popular places I haven't been are Lyon Hall and Eventide.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
4. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

I agree with Longhorn on all counts. One point I'll add: the Rosslyn Metro is served by both the Orange and Blue lines, while Ballston is just the Orange line. So if you stay in Rosslyn you have more train choices to get you back to your hotel. That can be VERY important on the weekends when Metro does track work; if they are single-tracking on the Orange Line for example, you might wait 20 or 30 minutes for a train at Ballston.

5. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

longhorn74: Thanks for the list of restaurants!

6. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

warthog: Appreciate the information about the metro lines and weekend orange line track work

7. Re: Hotel: Arlington Court House or Ballston Location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 05, 2014