We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bognor Regis...
reviews: 44
Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

Hi

We are staying at the Courtyard Marriott, Clarendon Blvd and will be visiting on foot the US Marine Corps War Memorial and then hope to continue to Arlington Cemetery.

Can someone tell me if it is possible to enter cemetery on the north side, instead of having to walk around to the main entrance?

In addition, can we exit near Patton Drive, so we can walk on to Pentagon Memorial?

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
1. Re: Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

I asked my husband (a funeral director, who is there fairly frequently) and he suggested you call Arlington National Cemetery (toll free): (877) 907-8585.

The Cemetery also has a comprehensive website with history, maps, hours and the like. And, of course, "there's an app for that".

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Default.aspx

Bognor Regis...
reviews: 44
2. Re: Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

Hi EXPLORE_NEWPORT_NEWS...thanks, but I will have to call from the UK and have to also bear in mind the time difference, so I try not to ring unless I really have to.

I have already searched the website to no avail about their other entrances, so thought of asking on TA to see if anyone has used other entrances or know for sure. On google maps, entrances are seen, but I don't know if they can be used by the general public.

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
3. Re: Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

Oops! Sorry about that... I just called the Cemetery for you and was told that entry and exit had to be through the Main Entrance, over the Memorial Bridge.

Edited: 3:08 pm, May 15, 2013
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
4. Re: Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

The only entrance for cars is the main gate, but on foot you can walk in from the Iwo Jima memorial. There are a few threads that discuss this in the Washington D.C. forum, mostly in the context of biking routes.

I do not believe there is foot access at the other end of the cemetery towards the Pentagon Memorial, however. You are better served to catch the Metro at the Cemetery station and ride one stop to the Pentagon station, then walk to the Memorial from there.

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
5. Re: Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

Warthog, my Beloved read your reply and said, "Yep, they're right". I'm just left going "huh?" because I read the OP's post verbatim to the staff member. Anyway, I'm glad you posted!

6. Re: Arlington Cemetery Entrances????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 17, 2014