We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington Cemetery-Walk or Bike

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Honolulu, Hawaii
reviews: 17
Arlington Cemetery-Walk or Bike

We are renting bikes to ride around the National Mall to see the memorials. Is it feasible to ride over to Arlington Cemetery via the Arlington Memorial Bridge? Would you recommend seeing Arlington Cemetery on foot or by bicycle?

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 92
1. Re: Arlington Cemetery-Walk or Bike

Riding bicycles is possible only on a few roads in the cemetery and only to transit between Ft. Myer and Memorial Bridge. You will need to see the cemetery by foot or by the HO/HO bus. As you can see from the link below, you can ride your bikes to the cemetery, but you will have to leave them in a rack at the Visitor's Center.

Here's the bicycle policy from the Arlington National Cemetery website:

arlingtoncemetery.mil/AboutUs/BicyclePolicy.…

Edited: 10:32 am, April 23, 2013
NC
reviews: 100
2. Re: Arlington Cemetery-Walk or Bike

That's a lot of walking my friend. My great-grandparents are buried there and we stop every time we head North. We drive through there though. No way we would walk it.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 92
3. Re: Arlington Cemetery-Walk or Bike

So people don't think that just anyone can drive around Arlington National Cemetery, here is a link to the information about driving through there. You can get a pass to visit a gravesite, but tourists can't just drive around. arlingtoncemetery.mil/visitorinformation/Veh…

I walk to all the major sites (Kennedy Gravesite, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and Arlington House) every time I visit. I will admit that it is hilly and would be a challenge for anyone with mobility issues, including those with small children.. I can see that it could be a long walk to a particular gravesite, but I don't think it would be a problem to walk to the major sites for anyone without mobility issues, particularly anyone who is planning to bicycle around the Mall.

Edited: 3:40 pm, April 23, 2013
4. Re: Arlington Cemetery-Walk or Bike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 25, 2014