We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington Questions

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 2
Arlington Questions

Thinking of visiting Washington in the summer with our 2.5 year old son.

Thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn - Rosslyn since it has free parking, pool and offers free breakfast.

Considering we will be with our 2.5 year old but still wanting to do some sightseeing, Im wondering how convenient is it to the metro, reasonable restaurants for dinner and any shopping for me? lol.

Thanks!

Anything else we should know, and you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated!

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 93
1. Re: Arlington Questions

The Holiday Inn Rosslyn @Key Bridge is less than a 5 minute walk from the Rosslyn Metro station. (Just check Google Maps.)

There's not a huge choice of restaurants for evening dining as this is primarily a office environment, but there's Red, Hot and Blue (BBQ), Santa Fe Cafe (Mexican), Ray's to the Third (Steak and, I believe, burgers) and chains like Ruby Tuesday. You won't starve if you try to eat in Rosslyn, but on some nights, you might prefer an early dinner in D.C. before you head back to Rosslyn.

Since Rosslyn is an office area, you'll have to go else where for shopping. Your best bet would be to take Metro to the Pentagon City station (The Fashion Center at Pentagon City aka Pentagon City Mall) or walk across Key Bridge to Georgetown.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
2. Re: Arlington Questions

I agree with everything Longhorn has already said. I'll add that two stops up the Orange Line in Clarendon you'll find many additional restaurant choices, and a small amount of shopping (an Apple store and a few other upper-middle retailers). While that Holiday Inn is a bit older, it's a good choice for tourists who arrive by car, given that hotels with free parking are in short supply close to downtown.

Canada
3. Re: Arlington Questions

Thanks for your responses.

Didn't realize that the Holiday Inn was an older hotel..are there any other ones you would suggest that would fit our needs..also would like it to be under $150 per night if possible.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
4. Re: Arlington Questions

I'm not aware of any newer hotels that are in a location as good as the Holiday Inn's and that offer free parking, free breakfast, and a pool for under $150 a night -- I suspect they offer those amenities so that they can stay competitive despite their age.

That said, hotel prices are different each day of the year, and may change often as you get closer to your date of stay. I'd suggest you book the Holiday Inn at a refundable rate, and then as you get closer look to see if discounts become available at one of the 'nicer' hotels. If you let us know your exact dates of stay, we might be able to offer some recommendations within your budget.

Washington DC...
reviews: 19
5. Re: Arlington Questions

There is the Hilton Homewood Inn about two blocks from the Courthouse metro station. It should be reasonable and they have a garage. You'll find more family friendly restaurants at the Clarendon metro stop.

Canada
6. Re: Arlington Questions

thanks for your responses. I forgot to come back to this forum for check for replies.

7. Re: Arlington Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 25, 2014