We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cancun, Mexico
Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

My family of four (2 boys, ages 7 & 9) will be doing the "tourist thing" in Washington, D.C. next week. We have close friends who live in Crystal City, but have a small, cramped apartment, not suited for us to stay. We have settled on a Residence Inn with somewhat close proximity to our friends, but that will also be a good base from which to do our tours (White House, Capitol Building, Monuments, etc.).

We are torn between the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View or the Residence Inn Pentagon City. It is important to us to have an indoor pool, on-site restaurant, other restaurants within walking distance, easy access to Metro, and 3 beds - my two boys WILL NOT share a bed, lol!

At Capital View, we can only get a 1 Bedroom Suite with a King, (so we'll have to chance it that we'll get a rollaway bed for one child), while at Pentagon City, there is a 2 Bedroom Suite with 2 Queens (plus the sofa bed, giving us the 3 beds.) However, I do like a nice, new hotel with surrounding amenities. We typically love a Ritz or Four Seasons, but opted for economy for this 4 day weekend trip.

Any recommendations between the two hotels?

5 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
1. Re: Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

The Capital View is a much newer hotel, but the the Pentagon City is much closer to a Metro station. Assuming you are going to rely on Metro to get to your destinations, proximity to Metro plus having the bedding choice you are looking for would clinch it for me. I've not stayed in either hotel, however, so I'd suggest you read the reviews here on TA for each hotel to get the perspective of people who have stayed in them.

Springfield, VA
reviews: 86
2. Re: Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

The Pentagon City hotel is also closer to a larger variety of restaurants within walking distance in and around the Pentagon City mall and Pentagon Row shops. There's also a Harris Teeter grocery store in the Pentagon Row area that's handy if you want snacks to keep in your room.

Cancun, Mexico
3. Re: Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

Thanks for your help! It does sound like Pentagon City is the better choice for us.

Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 2
4. Re: Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

We just got back from the Residence Inn Capitol view. It was one of the nicest hotels we have stayed at. Clean, convenient and a great breakfast buffet. They have a free shuttle to the airport and the Crystal City Metro and shops. Plenty of restaurants and the 9A public bus runs down to Alexandria, just a block from the hotel. Indoor pool and exercise room. Can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Edited: 3:08 pm, June 13, 2013
Whitehall, Michigan
reviews: 18
5. Re: Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City

We are staying at the Residence Inn Pentagon City right now. I absolutely DO NOT recommend this hotel! We are on the second floor and the wait for the elevator is horrible! Waiting 20 minutes or more both up or down. And when an elevator comes and you're heading down, it's too full. Can't take the stairs to your room, only can use stairs if exiting the building. I think only one of 3 elevators were operating this morning. Seriously, 20 minute wait!!! Husband is using electric mobility scooter so stairs were not on option to leave the building for us either. We ended up taking the up elevator to go down just to get space. The breakfast was terrible and I'm not a real fussy eater. Sausage was microwaved, eggs are from powder mix, wait in line. We were given a card with the hours and Thursday was 6:30 am but they didn't start until 7:00 due to holiday. However, it was not posted, they didn't tell us and in fact gave us cards stating the start time was 6:30. There were many people waiting and not a word about it from management. Kids may be able to sleep on the pull out sofa, but it is terribly uncomfortable. I asked to change rooms to a room with two beds but was told they were full. But online it showed they were available. The next day I was told we would be put into a room with two beds and housekeeping would move our belongings while we were out. I was very happy to hear that. So we put everything into our suitcases expecting to get another room while at the fireworks. When we got back we were told, Sorry, didn't happen and there is nothing available. Terrible excuse for customer service. The room was not cleaned properly, with items still left in the refrigerator and food in the pull out sofa. I don't know how this hotel got the #1 rating in Arlington.

Reply to: Residence Inn: Arlington Capital View or Pentagon City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted