We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

family attractions on the way to Baltimore

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington...
family attractions on the way to Baltimore

I'm planing to spend the weekend in Baltimore and visit the national equirium. Is there any family attractions on my way that I can spend few hours?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 29
1. Re: family attractions on the way to Baltimore

If you haven't taken the trip yet, then on the way from where to where? From D.C.? The drive to Baltimore from D.C. is under an hour. I'd recommend spending those few hours doing other things in Baltimore itself. If you have kids, the Maryland Science Center across the harbor from the Aquarium is worth a visit. Fort McHenry is too, if you are into U.S. history. It is what inspired our national anthem. I'd suggest you post your question in the Baltimore forum, as they can recommend other options within the city as well.

Springfield, VA
reviews: 113
2. Re: family attractions on the way to Baltimore

I agree with warthog that you'd be better served by spending the time in Baltimore itself, which is great place to spend a day or two. In addition to the suggestions he made, I think children woud also enjoy the B&O railroad museum in Baltimore.

3. Re: family attractions on the way to Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 25, 2013