We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Naval Academy to DC Armory (&back)

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MN
reviews: 1
Drive from Naval Academy to DC Armory (&back)

What will the drive be like (ie., traffic, travel time) from Naval Academy to the DC Armory on a Friday afternoon, then back to Naval Academy?

The reason I ask is I am running the Marine Corps Marathon and thinking of picking up my packet Friday afternoon, when I have some free time. Otherwise, I would not get into DC until late Saturday afternoon after we are done with our activities at Naval Academy, and I'm afraid all the good expo stuff will be gone!

But I also don't want to spend a ton of time on the road going back and forth on Friday if the traffic is going to be horrendous!

Any advice for best route to take will also be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maryland
reviews: 6
1. Re: Drive from Naval Academy to DC Armory (&back)

You should post this on the Maryland forum, not the Virginia forum. .

Va
reviews: 15
2. Re: Drive from Naval Academy to DC Armory (&back)

Coming into the city it won't be that bad. Rt 50 is pretty much a straight shot into the city and then you will get on 295 to E Capitol st and the armory is just on the other side of RFK. Should be no more than 45 mins. Something you can do with your smart phone is on a Friday around the time you are planning on leaving map it with traffic and that will give you an idea of what to expect.

3. Re: Drive from Naval Academy to DC Armory (&back)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013