We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10,598 posts
233 reviews
Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

I need to get one to take us into DC from Arlington on Saturday. Any thoughts which is more reliable? I plan to call in advance--or is it better to call same day? Thanks.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

I think I've read that Red Top and Blue Top may use the same dispatch desk. Either way, I've never used Blue Top because I've never had a problem with Red Top. Unless you are leaving at an odd hour (e.g. 4 AM) or a peak time (e.g. 8 PM on a rainy Friday night), I'd call about an hour before your departure time and you should be OK.

Va
Level Contributor
8,868 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

Blue Top was created because of contract limits for Dulles airport. It is the same company. They are a Va taxi company. I don't think they are allowed to pic up in DC.

texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

Will be in Arlington last week of Feb for business travel. Thinking of flying into BWI bc I like nonstop service on SWA and would like to know what is the best way to get from bwi to arlington ballston area? Please help. Thanks!

texas
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

Will be in Arlington last week of Feb for business travel. Thinking of flying into BWI bc I like nonstop service on SWA and would like to know what is the best way to get from bwi to arlington ballston area? Please help. Thanks!

5. Re: Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:06 pm, August 27, 2013
6. Re: Arlington taxis--Red Top or Blue Top?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 29, 2014