We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help required - power outage

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
reviews: 25
help required - power outage

Hi

I am travelling from the UK on Thursday and arrive in Arlington from New York on Friday have been concerned to see that a State of Emergency has been declared in states in the east coast. Can anyone advise the position due to storm and power outages. We are staying at Crystal City for the weekend in order to see the sights of Washington DC.

Any info would be appreciated

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: help required - power outage

You'll be fine. By Friday they estimate that 90 to 100% of power will be restored in the region. Even if that were not the case, Crystal City saw the least impact of any portion of Arlington, because it is made up of large buildings and the power lines are buried. We actually spent Saturday night in a hotel there because our home in North Arlington lost power.

I'd be more concerned about whether the heat wave that triggered the storm will have broken by then. It has been oppresively hot, even by DC summer standards. Pack the lightest clothes you own.

Edited: 8:34 am, July 02, 2012
scotland
reviews: 25
2. Re: help required - power outage

thanks for that. I'm sorry to hear that you had to move to a hotel hopefully the power will be restored soon.

Yeah coming from Scotland the heat will be an issue for us (we don't get hot weather ever !!!)

We are in Arlington till Monday 9th July and then moving down to Williamsburg which I believe is equally affected. Fingers crossed no more storms.

3. Re: help required - power outage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 04, 2013