We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help with Hotel Choice

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 50
Need Help with Hotel Choice

Will be in northern Virginia the end of this month. Hotel choices are the Courtyard by Marriott Arlington Rosslyn (on Clarendon) or Hilton Garden Inn Arlington Courthouse. Cost is within ten dollars of each other. Are there any positives or negatives to either I should consider? Have read TA reviews but can't make up my mind! Do want to avoid large school groups if possible - I'm a retired middle school principal and "been there, done that"!!! Any thoughts? In advance, thanks!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

It's hard to predict which of the two hotels will be more infested with school groups -- at the end of March starts to get into spring break season so anything is possible. On your dates of stay either could be quiet or could be overrun.

The HGI has a bit more in the way of restaurants you can walk to, but I'd say the Courtyard is in the better location overal for sight-seeing. Specifically the Courtyard is walking distance to the Iwo Jima Memorial, the edge of Arlington Cemetery, and also to Georgetown via the Key Bridge.

More importantly, the Courtyard is close to the Rosslyn Metro, which is served by both the blue and orange lines, while the HGI is near the Courthouse Station which is served only by the Orange line. That means trains come about half as frequently. On weekday mornings, it can be challenging to catch the train at Courthouse because they're all full by the time they arrive.

reviews: 50
2. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

Warthog-Thanks for the information. Had not considered the metro situation.

3. Re: Need Help with Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:40 am, June 18, 2013